Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bigges Myth about Abs????????

1longdong

I keep reading where people say you have to lower your body fat to get a six pack. Here is my question…… if the premise is that working your abs will not burn fat, and you have to lose weight, then why is it that my arms are not fat? What I’m saying is, if working your arms or any other body part has no effect on the fat in that area, then why wouldn’t I have huge fat shoulders or my fat arm, ect? My point is, I don’t have a six pack because that is the one area I work the LEAST! I do curls in my sleep, I haven’t missed a month working out my shoulders in 20 years, and those areas are cut. If I keep on eating my normal healthy diet, I should get some ab action if I start working them like I work the rest of my body, right???? Common, please tell me I can get abs without living on water and toast!?? I should be able to build muscle and have viewable abs at the same time.

Im sure its genetics and thats where u store your fat.. i have veins in my traps, shoulders and biceps but store a ton of fat in my stomach. i have a friend who is the other way around. he works out alot and always had some abs. not a ripped 6 pack but he has one and his arms and shoulders arent cut at all like mine.

Im sure its genetics and thats where u store your fat.. i have veins in my traps, shoulders and biceps but store a ton of fat in my stomach. i have a friend who is the other way around. he works out alot and always had some abs. not a ripped 6 pack but he has one and his arms and shoulders arent cut at all like mine.
^^^ This.

Look, ever watch Survivor? If you have then you know by the end of the series EVERYONE who started that show at a normal or nearly normal body weight ends with abs. Those people aren't doing situps, they've just lost that much fat.

Everyone puts weight on in a certain manner and takes it off in a certain way. Most men have to be pretty overweight before they start pilling fat onto their legs and arms. Testosterone impacts how your body stores fat.

The only way you see abs is getting your BF down and the only way to get your BF down is to lose fat. There is no such thing as spot reduction (excluding liposuction).

I train mine, and have a sixpack, and thanks to some advice here on weighted ab work, they're getting thicker :) . The fundamental is LOW body fat. I'm at 5.7 (immersion test) as of a couple months ago, and I have defined veins on my abs as well as everywhere else... But the minute I let the body fat go up to 8 or so, the veins are gone. At 12%, sixpack nada; no matter how thick or well-trained my abs are.

Charles

I have a friend who goes to the gym religiously yet doesn't look that way. With him, I think diet is his pitfall..He's convinced himself eating out for a living is "cheaper" than buying a jumbo pack of chicken and cooking at home. Diet is huge.
All his efforts are sabotaged by the crap food he consumes. I can't see a hint of an ab muscle which he swears is there, under the distention he says was from gh. It looks like a 2 year old's chubby belly to me, so I hold my tongue.
The one thing I think is true is he does NOT do ab exercises routinely. If you don't work it, don't expect it to look good.

*If you work a muscle, it will do two things: 1. burn calories which helps your overall physique and well being &
2. targets that specific area, leading to improvements in muscle tone and appearance

The best ab workouts are deadlift and squat. Your abs are isometric workers, their primary function is to transfer force between the bar, through your body, to the ground. And to do that with 300 pounds on your shoulder, your abs have to become very strong.

Top Bottom