Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best way to increase max bench?

Illuminati said:
anybody got a description of tate presses? i have yet to figure these out.

I've usually done them on an incline bench. Basically you are using dumbells and performing tricept extensions out to the side (think dumbell starting vertical on your chest with the plate almost resting on your pec, elbows are pointed out from your torso, you are then extending your tricepts using them to move the weight in an arc outward to where your arms are extended). I don't have a link or pictures. You might try Dave Tate's site I believe it's www.elitefts.com. It translates well to improving tricept strength specifically for the bench.

Illuminati said:
these are called reverse bench. fun exercise because it lets you throw up a shit ton o' weight. the weight really gets loaded on at the top of the lift. i like to use the purple (light) jumpstretch bands and do flat bench. did that my last bench day. worked up to 315x1

anybody got a description of tate presses? i have yet to figure these out.
I don't know what they are either but those reverse benches with bands are the best, love em. Nothing like puttin 3 wheels on and goin' for it

Madcow2 said:
I've usually done them on an incline bench. Basically you are using dumbells and performing tricept extensions out to the side (think dumbell starting vertical on your chest with the plate almost resting on your pec, elbows are pointed out from your torso, you are then extending your tricepts using them to move the weight in an arc outward to where your arms are extended). I don't have a link or pictures. You might try Dave Tate's site I believe it's www.elitefts.com. It translates well to improving tricept strength specifically for the bench.

basically an elbows out, tricep extension. gotcha. i've done them before, just never called them that.

Lee said:
why do u insist on decline wnt2bbeast?

let me just say this guy asked how to increase his bench..he didnt ask how can i get my chest bigger etc..persoanlly doing 5x5 with inclines produced the bes size for me..i didnt even need to do the xtra work..ive done flyes my whole life and they havent done shit for me other than maybe allow a good stretch..

anyway, why Declines? first i believe if you want to bench heavy weights you do need to adopt some sort of modified PL style if you want to stay injury free..benching 90 degrees will most likely lead to injury somewhere down the road..look at the amount of pro bb'er that have had bad pec/tri injuries from benching..im not saying you need to become a belly bencher but you will need to tuck your elbows and adopt a little arch and bring the bar lower on your chest..this si where declines come in very handy..for one it will allow you to use a weight higher than what you can flat bench and second it is a lot easier to work the groove which i jsut explained

CoolColJ said:
I Honestly don't think lockouts are needed for the raw bencher. I haven't done any lockout work since I started training, and my bench continues to rise at a fairly rapid rate, and I bench with a pretty long ROM, 14inch grip.

Most people will have more problem at the bottom and sticking point at the middle than at the top where you have good leverage.

WORD

Top Bottom