Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best back movement

carrera

Hey guys I'm new to this board so , Hello ,
now , What do ya'll feel is the single best back exersize for building your Lats , I've been told bentover rows , then pullups.

Depends on whether you want thick or wide lats...

Row movements for thick

Pull-up for wide..

Hopefully I got that one right...

Nothing in this sports is an exact science, but if you want to differentiate the various basic Lat Back movements into those that TEND to build thickness and other that TEND to contribute Width?

Yes, that is what I have read in the past and on various posts in this board.

you're right....Bent Over Rows & Chins are best for back. you still gotta change it up once in a while though or else even these movements will have diminishing returns.

TOMCAT said:
Nothing in this sports is an exact science, but if you want to differentiate the various basic Lat Back movements into those that TEND to build thickness and other that TEND to contribute Width?

Yes, that is what I have read in the past and on various posts in this board.

Well, you can argue that pulldowns are more exclusively lats, which are what give you back the width, while rows work the lower traps, rhomboids, and erectors more, which will give your back a thicker appearance. But lats is lats. ;)

Exactly to my point. When some people say back movements, they rarely differentiate between Lats and others.
They usually lump in All Rows, Pulldowns, Pullups into back.
And so when the word back was mentioned I simply wanted to clearify the issue.
I should have said "do you want a Thick or wide back"
Hopefully carrera you got the idea..

good point tomcat.

back is quite a group of muscles. most people just think LATS. thick lats...or wide lats. but rhomboids, teres major, posterior delts, traps all contribute to a big back.

kewl.

Top Bottom