Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench plateau

That may be the case, but I'll bet that you are still way overtraining your chest. No PLer would do that kind of bench work. You really need to be benching only once per week. With maybe some speed or additional assistance work on one other day.

B-

u love that bench dont ya ,plenty on people in my gym do the same and wonder y there weight dont go up . y dont u do different body part each day , works very well for me .

Its not a lack of good training. I make very sure to workout my back and core as well as every other area evenly. It may very well be the diet, I only eat three meals a day, none of which are sizeable. I dont exactly have the means to eat 7500 calories a day though.

as far as my training regiment goes, I am training for strength. Not to show off, I'm an athlete, a shotputter/ discus thrower, and I'm not interested in making friends and impressing ladies. Im in it to fuckin win andget stronger, thats all.

It usually looks something like this for upper body:

MON: Flat Bench heavy 5 reps x 7 sets (last set is a superset of still relatively heavy weight for 10-12 reps). Cable flys heavy 10 reps x 4sets. Clean and jerks heavy 5 reps x 5 sets. Shoulder press med. heavy 5 reps x 5 sets. Core work is done with a medicine ball ranging from 12-20 lbs. Bodyweight reverse pulls.
TUES: Throwing day, no weight training.
WED: Incline Bench heavy 5 reps x 7 sets. Decline DB bench heavy 5 reps x 5 sets. Power snatches heavy 5 reps x 5 sets. Same core work is done. Bodyweight reverse pulls.
THURS: Throwing day, no weight training.
FRI: Rest day.
SAT: Flat bench 12,10,8,6,10 reps x 5 sets. Incline DB bench 10 or 8 reps x 4 sets. Decline bench 12 reps x 4 sets. Bodyweight reverse pulls. Push ups between each set of bench, 25 reps. BB curls 15-20 reps x 4 sets. DB skullcrushers 12 reps x 4 sets. Light core work.
SUN: Rest day.

Thats the basic skeleton of it. Unfortunately on the weekdays there isnt much I can do as far as the routing goes, what coach says goes. but suggestions?

Fly's???

your chest is a fan u must consider fly's.

incline/decline

also try doing push ups on a bosu board.(half circle thinggy)

it will help stimulate nerves to fire that never did working on a unstable surface.

sometimes u gotta take a few steps back before u can go forward.

ur regimine looks fine. not over training. it seems ur going for power in the volume and rep counts. but consider rotating ur training plans

10-12 weeks tone

10-12 weeks power

10-12 weeks power/core/tone

u cant just do alot of exercises and expect to keep getting bigger u must be shocking the muscle. week 2 week.

so if it means higher reps to train the untranied slow twitch fibers then u have to change ur routine and train the slow twich and rotate what gets trained and the frequency.

DONT ALWAYS TRAIN FAST TWITCH
:p

Well thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately its not entirely up to me, but ill try going lighter on the other bench days.

It is going to be really hard to throw 2-3x a week and press 1-2x per week and make progress on both...unless several of them are VERY EASY days...

Well and now I'm injured so thats fucking great too. So no shotput for the rest of this season, just the ole discus.

Our coach was on the olympic team for throwing seven years in a row (obviously only 1 olympics during this time which he did not make it too) so I had always assumed he knew what he was doing.....sort of. unfortunately the guy is old as time itself, and although I have strongly disagreed with his methods I've kept it to myself for 3 years because we're always taught that "they know better".

Dont you hate when you find out that they dont?...

i agree you should decreace the amount of times u bench per week

i benchpres only once every 9 days, just sayin...

Yea man I hear what your sayin. The thing is though that at our age, you can have a crappy workout routine and still be getting strong quickly.

I see it all the time with buddies from school, other schools, underclassmen, the whole shabang.

Thats why we come here, to get advice from the guys who know their shit because their bodies stopped being test factories a while ago.

Not that you arent right, you absolutely are, its just always good to hear ot from people of all ages, sizes, experience levels, backgrounds, whatever!

ya digg?

10-12 weeks tone

10-12 weeks power

10-12 weeks power/core/tone

1232z3s.jpg

lol

to the OP, what u said about me being young, yeah I get what your saying, I was just agreeing with bblazer that you should bench less often :)

Top Bottom