Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

belated intro!

trubluesue

Man - all you women are SO inspiring! I've been reading dirty d's training log, and have really had the hit upside my head that I am doing NOTHING in the gym!! {lol} So, for the intro...

TBS...was a total fitness nut; got hurt in Iraq in '06 (in the Army)...had tons of surgeries, was freaking immobile practically and gain a buttload (no pun intended) of weight. So far in the last 8 months of not being on crutches/canes/etc have taken off 69 pounds, and am starting to get back to the point where I can even get in the gym without embarrassing my fat ass. Diet has been huge in that time - most of what I've taken off so far has really been through diet alone. Since November I've been doing the whole personal trainer 4 hours a week only in the gym..mostly weights and cross-training, a little recumbant bike just to keep the (left/screwed up) knee from freezing. As I've gone along, I've started doing more on my own - still doing the personal trainer thing, but adding another hour or so a day...mostly flexibility stuff. Have had a few guys in the weight room start telling me I need to hit that hard, telling me I could do a lot with the physique, and asking me if I had ever thought about bodybuilding, etc. Hell yeah I've been thinking about it, dude!! LOL
So - reading all these fabulous women on here and the things they are doing in the gym - its :mix: making me nuts! I like my trainer - he trains hard, but - he doesn't push women...and jeez, sometimes he's a puss about me pushing myself !! So...how would you all suggest pushing through the last 20 pounds and really getting to the next level??

I'm 39, 5'6"; 149 lbs, 18%BF [which makes me nuts!] and am watching calories/fat/carbs only b/c I haven't got the gym schedule yet to really start feeding muscle...

Unfortunately, I've got the pharmacological hinderance of being on anti-depressant for my ptsd...am trying to taper off that shit, but its hard when you have the all iraq, al lthe time channel blaring in your head 24/7.

SO - that's me in a nutshell - and yeah, being ex-military means I have a big mouth and a sarcastic wit..I tend to say what I think, so if I hurt somebody's feelings, I apologize right off!!

Anyway...what do you amazons think?? (and yeah, the bros can chime in too...)

Sue

Hi gurl! :wavey:

Just a quick hello...

And something to think about: you ever think about doing work in the pool? Would help with cardio/resistance training/easy on joints and REALLY REALLY good for your head.

trubluesue said:
Man - all you women are SO inspiring! I've been reading dirty d's training log, and have really had the hit upside my head that I am doing NOTHING in the gym!! {lol} So, for the intro...

TBS...was a total fitness nut; got hurt in Iraq in '06 (in the Army)...had tons of surgeries, was freaking immobile practically and gain a buttload (no pun intended) of weight. So far in the last 8 months of not being on crutches/canes/etc have taken off 69 pounds, and am starting to get back to the point where I can even get in the gym without embarrassing my fat ass. Diet has been huge in that time - most of what I've taken off so far has really been through diet alone. Since November I've been doing the whole personal trainer 4 hours a week only in the gym..mostly weights and cross-training, a little recumbant bike just to keep the (left/screwed up) knee from freezing. As I've gone along, I've started doing more on my own - still doing the personal trainer thing, but adding another hour or so a day...mostly flexibility stuff. Have had a few guys in the weight room start telling me I need to hit that hard, telling me I could do a lot with the physique, and asking me if I had ever thought about bodybuilding, etc. Hell yeah I've been thinking about it, dude!! LOL
So - reading all these fabulous women on here and the things they are doing in the gym - its :mix: making me nuts! I like my trainer - he trains hard, but - he doesn't push women...and jeez, sometimes he's a puss about me pushing myself !! So...how would you all suggest pushing through the last 20 pounds and really getting to the next level??

I'm 39, 5'6"; 149 lbs, 18%BF [which makes me nuts!] and am watching calories/fat/carbs only b/c I haven't got the gym schedule yet to really start feeding muscle...

Unfortunately, I've got the pharmacological hinderance of being on anti-depressant for my ptsd...am trying to taper off that shit, but its hard when you have the all iraq, al lthe time channel blaring in your head 24/7.

SO - that's me in a nutshell - and yeah, being ex-military means I have a big mouth and a sarcastic wit..I tend to say what I think, so if I hurt somebody's feelings, I apologize right off!!

Anyway...what do you amazons think?? (and yeah, the bros can chime in too...)

Sue

Hi Sue! Welcome!
Any questions, please ask..
BTW, working with weights and doing cardio minimizes depression.

thanks for saying that, bikinimom - every once in a while that makes a lot of difference....

as for the pool, I did so much pool work when doing rehab that now I like to go and just swim laps, no real hard work - heck, those great big floaty duck feet I had to wear to improve resistance / muscle recovery made me crazy!! LOL

trubluesue said:
thanks for saying that, bikinimom - every once in a while that makes a lot of difference....

as for the pool, I did so much pool work when doing rehab that now I like to go and just swim laps, no real hard work - heck, those great big floaty duck feet I had to wear to improve resistance / muscle recovery made me crazy!! LOL

I have been working on an aquatics program that I would like to make public in the next coupla months.

Tell me that the work you did in the pool didn't kick your ass?!?!?! :heart:

Hello and welcome,

I know the crutches thing, all in due time, you will be amazed at how quickly your body bounces back.

You sound like you are still in pretty good condition if you are 18%, you must be used to being uber fit being in the military.

I am looking forward to seeing your recovery and progress.

:)

not so much uber fit for (18%) but uber-starved! I hated eating military chow when Icouldn't control what was in it, so I tried to eat only the few whole food items I could come up with - add 120 degree F days and 18 hours carrying 40 pounds of flack vest, gear and weapon.....well, ya get the idea. I'm doing the skinny-fat thing...

And YES, bikinimom the pool did kick my ass! Guess I need to get in there again.

trubluesue said:
not so much uber fit for (18%) but uber-starved! I hated eating military chow when Icouldn't control what was in it, so I tried to eat only the few whole food items I could come up with - add 120 degree F days and 18 hours carrying 40 pounds of flack vest, gear and weapon.....well, ya get the idea. I'm doing the skinny-fat thing...

And YES, bikinimom the pool did kick my ass! Guess I need to get in there again.

A lot of people think that the work I do in the pool is *play* meanwhile when I put them through a workout they can barely haul what is left of their lump of a body out of the water after TWENTY MINUTES! :lmao:

IMHO aquatic work is *the perfect* supplement to everyone's weight resistance training.

I remember reading an article in a bodybuidling mag from way back - we are talking Lenda Murray, about how she had to take in like one thousand extra calories p/day (or some crazy number like that) because of the swimming that she did in addition to the weight training.

I can swim but am not very good at it so rather than kill myself to get through a few laps w/lots of rest in between (like most everyone else I see in the pool doing) and eventually giving up because it is just too damned hard I have been working on developing an aquatic program that everyone can do regardless of their skill level (you don't even have to know how to swim), level of fitness and have even taken into consideration injuries (My Old Grump earned quite a few back during his time playing GI Joe).

Seriously, tell me that the time you spend in the pool doesn't help your all over body and state of mind?

Get your diet straightened out and start out 4 times a week. FORCE YOURSELF TO GO. The endorphins released during your workout WILL help your frame of mind. I promise you. Then your body gets stronger. You feel better and you will look better.... what a GREAT cycle!! :)

Top Bottom