Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Becoming a Personal Trainer - Tips for The Inexperienced

100ktrainer

Certified, but have no experience? The first mistake you can ever make is to start training clients and have no clue as to what you are doing. Whether you goal is to work in a gym or work for yourself your first step should be to seek help getting started the" right way".

There are many "fly by night" personal trainers that get a certification simply to make money. They have no clue as to proper form or client relations. This kind of personal trainer usually does not have customer loyalty and they are struggling to make ends meet. Other personal trainers can point these "bad trainers" out, while innocent clients may not have a clue until and injury occurs.

The last thing you want to do is blend in with these types of personal trainers. After you get your certification work on getting the experience you need to be the best personal trainer. You can get the full story in video format at my blog if you're in need of help with getting experience and boosting up your confidence as a trainer.

You can check out the video here!

100k Trainer

Unfortunately, as long as personal training continues to offer high compensation potential, we will always have to deal with lesser qualified personal trainers. They never last longer than a couple of years, because they don't have the passion, but new ones come in the club every month. They're a pain.

You cant be in this profession because of money. Its gotta be about the people first.

You cant be in this profession because of money. Its gotta be about the people first.

True, and that is how you can tell the "real" trainers, from the phonies. It's written on their face. you see those trainers in the gym, who just look like the would rather be somewhere else. It's really pathetic to watch them sell their themselves for something their heart is not into.

Very true. Had a client email and thank me for a program last week. Said he could really tell after talking on Skype that I cared about him as a client. We gotta pay the bills. :)

Man there is so many Pt's that come and go from my gym here in aus, training guys in the weight room and have never lifted a weight in there life..... We should all throw rocks at them..... well maybe someone does because they never last long.

Being disinterested in a client, and blatant rudeness will give you a bad name. ex: client doing a set, trainer checking text messages - not so smart.

Clients can tell if you genuinely care about their progress and health.

Top Bottom