Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Barry Bonds

Barry Bonds

• I love Barry Bonds

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • I hate Barry Bonds

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Who is Barry Bonds

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • FUCK Barry Bonds he's a punk ass bitch

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player ever, he hit 50 to 60 homers each season when most players in his era couldn't even hit 10, plus he was a damn good pitcher.

Isaac79 said:
Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player ever, he hit 50 to 60 homers each season when most players in his era couldn't even hit 10, plus he was a damn good pitcher.

Bro..Bambino played 21 seasons. He hit 50 homers 4 times, and 60 homers once.

And he wasn't even the best hitter in his era. That title goes to Josh Gibson (hint: you don't know about him because he played in the Negro leagues, seperate from the MLB) When Babe was having his white league leading 40 HR seasons, Gibson was having 50, 60, and even 70 HR seasons in the Negro leagues. They didnt really keep accurate stats back then so they don't know exactly how many HRs Gibson had, but his HOF plaque says "nearly 800". Considering he played baseball for 4 years less than Ruth, thats quite an accomplishment no?

CrazyRussian said:
Bro..Bambino played 21 seasons. He hit 50 homers 4 times, and 60 homers once.

And he wasn't even the best hitter in his era. That title goes to Josh Gibson (hint: you don't know about him because he played in the Negro leagues, seperate from the MLB) When Babe was having his white league leading 40 HR seasons, Gibson was having 50, 60, and even 70 HR seasons in the Negro leagues. They didnt really keep accurate stats back then so they don't know exactly how many HRs Gibson had, but his HOF plaque says "nearly 800". Considering he played baseball for 4 years less than Ruth, thats quite an accomplishment no?

I know who Josh Gibson is, and it isn't Babe Ruth's fault that blacks weren't allowed in the majors. Barry is a cheater and he took steroids so he could hit more homers. I think its far more impressive for Babe Ruth to get 60 homers in an era when most players couldn't hit 10. Than Barry's tainted "73" when many players hit 40 plus in Barry's era.

I think Barry Bonds is one of the greatest in history, but to say he is better than Babe Ruth is crazy.

Also Josh Gibson with his nearly 800, how is that better than Sadahara Oh and his 868 homers?

Isaac79 said:
I know who Josh Gibson is, and it isn't Babe Ruth's fault that blacks weren't allowed in the majors. Barry is a cheater and he took steroids so he could hit more homers. I think its far more impressive for Babe Ruth to get 60 homers in an era when most players couldn't hit 10. Than Barry's tainted "73" when many players hit 40 plus in Barry's era.

I think Barry Bonds is one of the greatest in history, but to say he is better than Babe Ruth is crazy.

Also Josh Gibson with his nearly 800, how is that better than Sadahara Oh and his 868 homers?

How is Barry a cheater when:

a) We don't even know if he took steroids?
b) Even if he did take steroids, at the time he took them they were legal?

Babe wasn't as dominant as you say. He didn't even lead the league in HR's for 11 of his big league seasons. And in the years when he did lead in HR's, there were plenty of players right behind him (Lou Gherig, Jimmie Foxx, Cy Williams, Hack Wilson, Rogers Hornsby, Chuck Klein, Mel Ott, etc.) For example, in 1930 Babe finished 2nd in HR's, 6th in RBI, and 10th in batting average. And there were 19 players in the big leagues with over 20 HR's, and 10 with over 30.

If the whole argument for Ruth is that he was a "man among boys", then it's a stupid argument. None of his numbers were even that outstanding for his era. He had 60 homers in 1927...but Hack Wilson hit 56 in 1930 and Jimmie Fox hit 58 in 1932. He NEVER led the league in batting average. His RBI totals, for his time, weren't anything outstanding. Lou Gherig, Hack Wilson, Jimmie Fox consistently out-RBI'd him. The only thing really impressive about his #'s was his...walks. Oh yeah, but Bonds pwns him in walks.

And I won't even answer your last question, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Since SADAHARU Oh played in a completely different era and country than Bonds and Ruth, his stats don't factor into this discussion at all. But i am VERY impressed with your knowledge. :rolleyes:

CrazyRussian said:
How is Barry a cheater when:

a) We don't even know if he took steroids?
b) Even if he did take steroids, at the time he took them they were legal?

Babe wasn't as dominant as you say. He didn't even lead the league in HR's for 11 of his big league seasons. And in the years when he did lead in HR's, there were plenty of players right behind him (Lou Gherig, Jimmie Foxx, Cy Williams, Hack Wilson, Rogers Hornsby, Chuck Klein, Mel Ott, etc.) For example, in 1930 Babe finished 2nd in HR's, 6th in RBI, and 10th in batting average. And there were 19 players in the big leagues with over 20 HR's, and 10 with over 30.

And I won't even answer your last question, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Since SADAHARU Oh played in a completely different era and country than Bonds and Ruth, his stats don't factor into this discussion at all. But i am VERY impressed with your knowledge. :rolleyes:

his baseball knowledge = google wikipedia homerun..

he obviously doesn't know shit if he is calling barry a cheater.. i guess we can call ruth a cheater too since at the time it was illegal for blacks to play in the mlb..

Phaded said:
his baseball knowledge = google wikipedia homerun..

he obviously doesn't know shit if he is calling barry a cheater.. i guess we can call ruth a cheater too since at the time it was illegal for blacks to play in the mlb..

I didn't look up anything, I've been a baseball fan since I was 8 years old. I brought up Sadahara Oh, because he brought up Josh Gibson. I don't see a difference between the Negro Leagues and baseball in Japan, both were better than the minors and likely not as good as the majors. I know many of the Negro league players could have been stars in the majors and some of them got to move up to the majors after Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby broke the color barrier.

I think that Barry Bonds cheated by taking steroids, it wasn't Babe Ruth's fault blacks weren't allowed in the majors. Right now less than 10 percent of MLB is black, so I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes anyway.

Right now I'm going to look up Babe Ruth stats, cause people were posting stats of what Babe did in 1930 and 1932, that was towards the end of his career when more players hit homers, let's see what he did in the 20's?

Home Run leaders totals American League

1910 Jake Stahl 10
1911 Frank Baker 11
1912 Frank Baker, Tris Speaker 12
1913 Frank Baker 12
1914 Frank Baker 9
1915 Braggo Roth 7
1916 Wally Pipp 12
1917 Wally Pipp 9
1918 Babe Ruth, Tilly Walker 11
1919 Babe Ruth 29
1920 Babe Ruth 54
1921 Babe Ruth 59
1922 Ken Williams 39
1923 Babe Ruth 41
1924 Babe Ruth 46

My point is Babe Ruth hit 40 to 50 homers when others struggled to hit 10, I know that later on in Babe's career Gehrig, Foxx, Hack Wilson, etc. came along and started hitting tons of homers also, but before Babe it was Homerun Baker with his awesome power of 9 to 12 hr's per season.

Isaac79 said:
I didn't look up anything, I've been a baseball fan since I was 8 years old. I brought up Sadahara Oh, because he brought up Josh Gibson. I don't see a difference between the Negro Leagues and baseball in Japan, both were better than the minors and likely not as good as the majors. I know many of the Negro league players could have been stars in the majors and some of them got to move up to the majors after Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby broke the color barrier.

I think that Barry Bonds cheated by taking steroids, it wasn't Babe Ruth's fault blacks weren't allowed in the majors. Right now less than 10 percent of MLB is black, so I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes anyway.

Right now I'm going to look up Babe Ruth stats, cause people were posting stats of what Babe did in 1930 and 1932, that was towards the end of his career when more players hit homers, let's see what he did in the 20's?

Home Run leaders totals American League

1910 Jake Stahl 10
1911 Frank Baker 11
1912 Frank Baker, Tris Speaker 12
1913 Frank Baker 12
1914 Frank Baker 9
1915 Braggo Roth 7
1916 Wally Pipp 12
1917 Wally Pipp 9
1918 Babe Ruth, Tilly Walker 11
1919 Babe Ruth 29
1920 Babe Ruth 54
1921 Babe Ruth 59
1922 Ken Williams 39
1923 Babe Ruth 41
1924 Babe Ruth 46

My point is Babe Ruth hit 40 to 50 homers when others struggled to hit 10, I know that later on in Babe's career Gehrig, Foxx, Hack Wilson, etc. came along and started hitting tons of homers also, but before Babe it was Homerun Baker with his awesome power of 9 to 12 hr's per season.

ya i'm sure it was more that babe ruth was a stud than there was no competition.. i'm sure babe ruth could prob. pitch and hit as well as he did back in the day too..

look at babe ruths athleticism for gods sake.

Top Bottom