Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back injury related issue

theoak01

long story short, I had a soft tissue injury a few years back at work and my L4 L5 lock up and I have minimal lateral movement in the two.

I had been fine after about a year of rehabbing it myself and chiro, and it only hurt when I was tired.

I avoided deadlifts like the plague and stuck to t bar rows,bent over rows. I did some hyper extensions occasionally that left me a bit sore but no worse than a regular training day.

anyways I did deads last week with 135, nice and light no biggy right, wrong now I feel almost as bad as I did when I hurt myself,I was fine until about two days later.

any tips or alternatives I could try? I really need to bring this area up in strength as I have two very physical jobs.

thanks guys

Deadlifts shouldn't bother your back if done properly.. If they do then just forget about them bro!

I fucked up my L1 and L2 1 1/2 yrs ago. i was finally getting back to my working weight on squats and Dls, when something triggered it. Basically anything that puts downward pressure or bent over can give me anything from a dull pain to almost crippling the day after.

I haven't done deads or squats now in a good month. trying to rest up. Also if I go too heavy on BO rows or tbar i am pretty sore as well. For the most part on those lifts I try to keep it above 10-12 reps, or not at all depending how I'm feeling. I am starting to feel better again, and really miss deads, but gotta take it slow. Don't want another set back. Good luck bro!

thanks man, I guess Ill just have to leave them out for now and take it nice and slow. I goto texas for fire school in sept,I dont need to be a cripple for that

Top Bottom