Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are some people just genuinely bad people?

Psychologist have proven that a fair percentage of people are actually quite capable of commiting murder, rape or torture if placed in the right role by society. Their upbringing is not really a factor so much as their belief in authority or social roles.

The two excaped convicts who did this, at some point, perhaps while in prison, accepted the fact that they had been placed in the role of a hardcore criminal. After escaping from prison, the role was further impressed upon them, and they just accpeted it.

Violence is a natural tendancy that we have learned to supress in order to improve our chances of survival in a team setting. Any drill instructor can tell you that any man can be broken down and trained to kill without hesitatoin within six weeks, dispite their upbringing.

We are talking about violence here, not good and evil which are just abstract notions.

biteme said:
They are filled with the spirit of Satan.

If I belived in supernatural dieties I would probably agree with you. Some people have mental illnesses that cause them to do these things, but one of these guys is just downright mean looking. They always put this picture of him in the paper and you can just tell he doesn't give a damn who he hurts. I don't believe in the death penalty but I WON'T be protesting when South Carolina straps him to the gurney.

ex0Tic_island_girl said:
yeah what am I thinking when i say no one is bad :rolleyes:

*slap myself on the head*

some people are just humanely pure evil:evil:

is so sad :(to know that there's ppl out there who are so cold blooded

like their heart is made out of stone.

Actually the people who psychologists find can be made into a torturer without any remorse have the same personality profile that makes the best police officer or soldier. That same person though if they were to get into trouble with the law, and get the brand of a "criminal" also tend to be unrehabilitatable once they accept the role that society has placed them in.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Psychologist have proven that a fair percentage of people are actually quite capable of commiting murder, rape or torture if placed in the right role by society. Their upbringing is not really a factor so much as their belief in authority or social roles.

The two excaped convicts who did this, at some point, perhaps while in prison, accepted the fact that they had been placed in the role of a hardcore criminal. After escaping from prison, the role was further impressed upon them, and they just accpeted it.

Violence is a natural tendancy that we have learned to supress in order to improve our chances of survival in a team setting. Any drill instructor can tell you that any man can be broken down and trained to kill without hesitatoin within six weeks, dispite their upbringing.

We are talking about violence here, not good and evil which are just abstract notions.

Trained to kill in a military setting, not become a rapist, torturous murderer.

biteme said:
But I think his point was that anyone could play the hero or villian. It would just depend on how a person decides to relate to the world.

biteme said:

True, and most will only do so in a military situation in combat. However even our own records show that our soldiers in recent wars, such as Vietnam, some of our soldiers raped and tortured civilians fairly often. After all the VC were viewed as the enemey.

"How do you tell which ones are VC?", reply: "If they run...they are VC...if they stand still they are highly disciplined VC."

Top Bottom