Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone see Penn and Teller "Bullshit" on Showtime?

I can't believe they passed that shit, allowing Georgia schools to teach Creationism in science class!:mad:

I wonder if BigBadBuff caught the show...........I was putting these exact same arguments to him a while ago.

Lift Chief said:

Basically they just said how almost all scientists believe in evolutionism of course- not creationism. And how the creationists are picking apart a scientific theory to find small flaws in order to disprove it, but that by the evidence the E theory holds up while the C one does not.

They also talked about how creationists don't use real science in order to prove their points. They try to make the evidence fit their preconceived notions they've gotten from the literal interpretation of the bible instead of analyzing the evidence for the most accurate theory.

Stuff i already knew, but it was still pretty well done i thought- although they are clearly biased.

hardrock said:
I can't believe they passed that shit, allowing Georgia schools to teach Creationism in science class!:mad:

It is particularly bad because Creationism has absolutely no scientific basis whatsoever.

I talked with a physics major yesterday. He told me that the microwave background radiation in the universe fits extremely well into the big bang theory. They determined the age of the universe to be about 13.7 billion years +/- 1%.
The 6000 year old universe theory of the creationist makes about as much sense as the Easterbunny and Santa Claus.

Norman Bates said:
I talked with a physics major yesterday. He told me that the microwave background radiation in the universe fits extremely well into the big bang theory. They determined the age of the universe to be about 13.7 billion years +/- 1%.
The 6000 year old universe theory of the creationist makes about as much sense as the Easterbunny and Santa Claus.

This is a good point........the strength in the evidence that supports evolution is that it ALL tells the same story. This is why trying to pick holes in individual pieces of evidence is ludicrous and futile.

Imnotdutch said:

This is a good point........the strength in the evidence that supports evolution is that it ALL tells the same story. This is why trying to pick holes in individual pieces of evidence is ludicrous and futile.

Exactly- and that is simply not how science is done. These creationist "scientists" so blatantly have their own agendas it's comical.

Exactly- and that is simply not how science is done. These creationist "scientists" so blatantly have their own agendas it's comical.

I would agree...but I see nothing funny about children being taught this as though it were science. It's down right scary!

Top Bottom