Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone see Penn and Teller "Bullshit" on Showtime?

Lift Chief

It was on the other night and it was about evolutionism vs creationism... basically bashing the fuck out of the creationist arguments... pretty interesting stuff.

p0ink said:
i didnt know they were scientists.

i always thought they were comedians/magicians. :rolleyes:

Hah- yeah i was skeptical at first too... they didnt do the convincing obviously. They interviewed various scientists for both sides.- and it was funny.

only Penn talks. The shorter one doesn't. The ones about second hand smoke, the end of the world, and bottled water were really good. The ones about alternative medicine kinda suck because i already know that they are frauds. They are doing one on self help next week, it should be good.

I missed the evolution/creationist episode. Give me a recap.

nordstrom said:
only Penn talks. The shorter one doesn't. The ones about second hand smoke, the end of the world, and bottled water were really good. The ones about alternative medicine kinda suck because i already know that they are frauds. They are doing one on self help next week, it should be good.

I missed the evolution/creationist episode. Give me a recap.

Basically they just said how almost all scientists believe in evolutionism of course- not creationism. And how the creationists are picking apart a scientific theory to find small flaws in order to disprove it, but that by the evidence the E theory holds up while the C one does not.

They also talked about how creationists don't use real science in order to prove their points. They try to make the evidence fit their preconceived notions they've gotten from the literal interpretation of the bible instead of analyzing the evidence for the most accurate theory.

Stuff i already knew, but it was still pretty well done i thought- although they are clearly biased.

Top Bottom