Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here work one bodypart per day?

Burning_Inside said:
Goddamn that was the most insightful post I've ever seen in my intire life.

Thank you.

:FRlol: :spin: :FRlol:

I know a lot of bb that train like that so i dont think its a bad idea,

but i like to work diffrent bodyparts together like back, bis and forearms. chest, tris and shoulders (traps) , abs and legs

:)

I work one bodypart per day and it works fine for me.

Crackerot: Maybe you'd care to explain as to "why" that is not a good idea?

hardgainer (pump)

Bodyparts

Generally,
Mon = Chest
Tue = Bi's & Tri's
Wed = Shoulders
Thur = Back
Fri = Legs
Sat/Sun = Off, relax & recup (get psyched for next wk)

I can cut this down to 4 workout days with 3 days off by making Wed = Shoulders & Back and Thur = Legs.

You have to fine what is COMFORTABLE for you and leaves you feeling satisfied and making gains

day1: chest
day2: back and forearms
day3: shoulders
day4: legs
day5: biceps and triceps

abs you put in the day that you want.
as ou see you have 2 free days to rest forearm biceps and the others.

Some of you think it is overtraning, but it's not, You have a overtrianig culture, you don't train you scape from the overtrianing, lee priest do this training, I don't think that lee priest is in overtrianing. It is a good training.

first think in the training and in the rest, second feel the overtarinig not think in overtrianing, because he will come if you think, in this tranining you won't have overtraining, except if you feel soreness foy days, you can't make it.

going more than two days in a row comprimises trainning intensity. (notice I did not say overtraining) this in-efficient training format will spend too much energy while giving too little muscular/nervous system stimulus.

I'm sure Cackerot69 would agree with me.

Valdez

Valdez, I can't quite understand your comment I have worked out for 25 years (I'm 43) and for the most part my workouts have been 4 days in a row, sometimes 5 days (not to mention the racquetball and basketball I would play on the same days, in my 20's). I know your not commenting on "overtraining" but I'm not following you on the "spend too much energy while giving too little muscular system stimulus" My intensity for my workouts is always there and when I'm interested in putting on some size (I don't compete, I'm interested in staying healthy), I really don't have much of a problem.
6'1" and 240lbs.

Understand I'm not trying to be a smart-@$as. Just trying to get a feel for what your saying. Thanks

Valdez 100% AGREED.
Working out more than 2 days in a row is not good I dont think. Some people may argue that your muscular system can sustain more than 2 days of intense exercise but your nervous system gets hit VERY hard with intense exercise and cannot sustain more than 2 days in a row. A program that has always worked good for me 2 on/1 off which allows for enough recovery without undertraining. Good luck! :):)

Basically because it puts unecessary stress on the nervous system. You ever wonder why you can train each muscle 2, and sometimes even 3 times a week on a full body split? Because there is much less stress on the nervous system. Muscle only require about 48 hours to fully recover (the larger the muscle the longer it takes, up to 72 hours for muscles like the glutes and lats), but the reason you can't train each muscle every 48 hours is because the nervous system takes about 5-7 days...and if your nervous system isn't recovered you can't stimulate your muscles to grow. By training one muscle per day you're really only robbing yourself in the long run because the unnecessary strain makes you require more recovery thus less possible workouts and less progress...and ultimately less muscle growth.

this is the theory the pratice is very different.

look this
day1:chest, triceps, shoulders
day2: back and biceps
day3:legs
day4: chest, triceps and shoulders
day5: back and biceps

I know a lot of people that growth with this trainning.
now look this:

day1: chest, biceps, shoulders
day2: back and triceps
day3: legs
day4: chest, biceps, shoulders
day5: back and triceps

in this training that your biceps is worked 4 times per week, 2 helping, and 2 isolations, I know a lot of people that growth with this trainning that I don't agree

The theory is different from the reality.

Sure, it "works" as does everything else...but can you get better results through more intelligent training? This everyday training thing assuming you're training to failure is going to burn you out quick (3-4 weeks). I used to do the same type of routine, 5 on 2 off and I gained for a bit then got burned out and as soon as I switched to a 3-day I gained again, I know many others that have had the same experience too.

Top Bottom