Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone experience this while running?

RBtrucking4

A while back when I started running on the treadmill due to bad weather outside after a while maybe 6 miles I would notice my right knee started to feel tired. It doesn't hurt at all, or anything like that it just feels tired like its going to give out.

It stopped happening, I really don't remember what I did to stop it as it was a while ago but yesterday it started again, and I almost fell off the treadmill. It always happens after like the 6 mile mark. I run around 9 miles a day. It seems to only happen on the treadmill.

I run 6-7 days a week depending on how I feel. I looked into it, and the only thing I could find that sort of resembled what I have is runners knee but I don't think that's it as I don't feel any pain and my knee does not swell up at all. The only thing I could think is that maybe it is because I was using really old worn out shoes but I did just today get a new pair.

I also got stung by a bee the other day in the opposite ankle, it was swollen but did not hurt at all so I ran anyway. That was the day it came back out of the blue. If you guys could help pinpoint what could be causing this it would be really helpful as it is extremely annoying. I feel full of energy, and am ready to go for much longer but have to stop because my knee feels funny. It is quite annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Bro, is the treadmill inclined when you are running on it? You need to incline it a little bit to utilize the same muscles you use when running outside. If you don't believe me try running a mile at a zero incline then run a mile at a incline of 1/4 of max incline. You will notice the use of different muscles. I think this could be causing your issues. Let me know if it helps.

Bro, is the treadmill inclined when you are running on it? You need to incline it a little bit to utilize the same muscles you use when running outside. If you don't believe me try running a mile at a zero incline then run a mile at a incline of 1/4 of max incline. You will notice the use of different muscles. I think this could be causing your issues. Let me know if it helps.

That definitely does help the situation. When I notice that my knee is starting I do put it on incline and that does help me last longer and like I stated I had this beat for a while, I am just wondering why all the sudden it is coming back. You are right though this is how i fixed the issue the first time, I started using incline. I am just wondering why I am facing the issue again, its not like I changed any part of the routine.

So I guess its safe to assume that its because of the repetitive motion that you get on a treadmill as opposed to when your outside and surface, and elevation changes and this is why I never experience this outside. I guess I better start switching up the routine, thank you for the input.

So I guess its safe to assume that its because of the repetitive motion that you get on a treadmill as opposed to when your outside and surface, and elevation changes and this is why I never experience this outside. I guess I better start switching up the routine, thank you for the input.
You could try to alternate the incline throughout the run see if that helps. Sometimes treadmills have a pre-programed course that you can put on and go. Good luck bro!

You might want to get your knee checked for meniscus damage. You should definitely do a ice, compression, elevation routine after runs in order to keep swelling down and encourage the repair of damaged tissue.

I remember when I was running 5-6 days a week (coming from a 3-4 day). My knees and joints didn't hold up well. I was in my early twenties back then but it was tough on the joints in either case.

I would recommend going to a running store that tests your gate and properly measures your feet. It is extremely surprising the difference a correcting fitting shoe can do for a runner

If you're not having this issue while running outside, its not a big one. And it is mostly because of the treadmill. There is nothing to worry. Continue with your normal running schedule.

I think that the main problem is the treadmill many of my patient come with this problem. In some cases it the treadmill that is not well adjusted compared to the normal speed that you run outside try to adjust it and see if there is some changes

Top Bottom