Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any women bench press their bodyweight?

The Shadow said:
My training partner weighs about 118 and she uses 35 pound bells for 10 reps or so.

I have seen her hit 135 for 4 as well

I stand corrected - last night she hit the 40's for 8.....bodywt = 117

The Shadow said:
My training partner weighs about 118 and she uses 35 pound bells for 10 reps or so.

I have seen her hit 135 for 4 as well

I way a bit more and can bench a bit more. :supercool

"Someone has been working out too much..."! Sounds to me like someone who writes for that magazine feels badly about their own squishy self...

I am benching around 100 I would love to be able to bench my weight but right now I am traing to cut not for max lifts.

This is all very inspiring. I deadlift 165 x 8-10, squat [smith, sorry, no spotter] 160 x 8, and bench 40 x10 boo hoo I think I really really need a spotter.... on the cybex I can chest press 120 x 8 [big whup]

Basically at my gym I feel it is really cliquish [whine whine whine] and I don't have a spotter. [double whine]

WOW- did not think this thread would last as long as it has!

My partner should be closing in on 5 full reps at her bodyweight. :rainbow:

spiderwoman said:
This is all very inspiring. I deadlift 165 x 8-10, squat [smith, sorry, no spotter] 160 x 8, and bench 40 x10 boo hoo I think I really really need a spotter.... on the cybex I can chest press 120 x 8 [big whup]

Basically at my gym I feel it is really cliquish [whine whine whine] and I don't have a spotter. [double whine]

Don't feel badly about your lifts... sometimes a change in scenery can make a big difference. I always have trained with a partner for motivation and of course safety. If you want to increase your strength and lifts - find a serious guy (or strong girl) to train with. Personally i train with my boyfriend at present and do parts of his powerlifting workout (not all, i'm a bodybuilder) - but we just switched gyms today because the other was "too nice" - everybody there was "new" and it didn't have that hardcore feeling. I like the steel weights and the chalk flying and not having to feel like a need makeup or a new outfit to train..LOL. I've had many partners over the years, but have always made sure they were at least equal to or above my level. Good luck!

That was my goal to set before my b-day next week...not gonna happen, but soon!! I weigh 130lbs, and can get 95lbs up for 2 reps...gettin' there!

hello ladies. bye the way i am not a female. well anyways back about 5 years ago at my gym there was an 18 year old girl who was a gymnast and she put up 225 at out bench press competion . her stats where i think about 5'3" or 5'4" and about 135 and she was cut

Re: .................

Milo Hobgoblin said:
Im very surprised by this thread.

my girlfriend has only been training two years and does 155x2 she weighs 125lbs.

I agree that does sound great but there are a lot of other things to consider apart from weight lifted. ROM/arm length, bar speed, hand placement, drive off the floor and degree of back arch.

As for meself I was making good strength gains until the new year's. Now I'm jammed up at about 155lbs which is 1.10x my BW.

Top Bottom