Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any of you lard-asses mountain bike? Any advice?

• Thread starter alien amp pharm
  • Start date
Some good advice here, it's helping greatly. Thanks all.

I'll try and send some karma to you peeps when I can.

hardrock said:
If you want canondale this is pretty much you're only full suspension option under $1200- jekyll 400

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/model-4VN4.html

The FSR XC Pro from Specialized wouldn't be a bad option either-

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=6757&JServSessionIdroot=zm0qafflp0.j27003

If you're over 200 lbs tho both those bikes front fork will be a little soft. I'd sugges the stumpjumper FSR-

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=6784&JServSessionIdroot=zm0qafflp0.j27003

I wish i rode enough to justify a 1k+ bike, but my 500 dollar specialized does ok for getting me around the neighborhood.

Giant NRS 1, Full suspension.

04-NRSIMA.jpg

I would not go full suspension unless you plan to bomb downhill at full speeds. A hard tail with front suspension will probably give you better drive going up and less weight. You at least want to be able to lock it out w/o getting off.

You are confusing down hill MTB'g with cross country full suspension, big difference.

Most people who start on a hardtail eventually buy a full suspension. Most of the cross country full suspension bikes give you the best of both worlds.

That's why I linked to the NRS above you post.

XBiker said:
Most people who start on a hardtail eventually buy a full suspension. Most of the cross country full suspension bikes give you the best of both worlds.

Plus they look way cooler!

(heh heh, joking. I sound like a chick now)

i have a trek 6700 with rockshox front suspension - it's awesome. it handles very well - over rough terrain & sharp turns.

i highly recommend it.

you can get different tires depending where you ride it the most. i have separate thinner tires for road riding.

does the weight of the bike matter much to you? i know i wanted a light bike that i could easily pick up to carry over water or through mud.

make sure you test ride a bunch of different types of bikes. it's really about personal preference and what feels natural to you. i test drove about half a dozen bikes and once i hopped on my trek, i new instantly that it was the one for me...love at first ride. :)

"Body Geometry saddle technology - scientifically developed and medically proven to:

Increase comfort

Reduce numbness and chance of impotence
"

------

What the hell?!?!? I thought that was a myth.

I'm scared now:(

alien amp pharm said:
"Body Geometry saddle technology - scientifically developed and medically proven to:

Increase comfort

Reduce numbness and chance of impotence
"

------

What the hell?!?!? I thought that was a myth.

I'm scared now:(

Not a myth at all. If you spend alot of time in the saddle then it will become a problem. BG seats are good shit

Top Bottom