Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any advice on how to beat the PMS cravings???

Night Fly

Okay, I never really used to get cravings like this, but my GOSH!!!!...I can't even think about something sweet without wanting to go get something.

I have been so good on my diet, too...but this daggum PMS is getting the best of me. I can't diet real good for 2 weeks and then eat like a pig for a week. That crap will get me nowhere.

I would really appreciate some advice on how you ladies manage to control these cravings. At this point...I would even pay for it! LOL

Fat. Some good fat always cures me. Like a whey shake with lots of udos. I'm usually craving salt though, not sweets.

...or you could take some R-ala and DIG IN! ;)

Sweet potato or yam - nuke it for 5-10 min.
Cut in half long ways and scoop out the inside.
Put in bowl, add 1-2 TBSP of fresh maple syrup and whip till smooth.

Eat hot or let it cool in the fridge and it becomes like a thick sweet pudding.

I dunno works for me.

:)

Nice, velvett! Sounds tasty!

Spatts, I'm going to have to do some research on the R-ala...I'm not too familiar with what it is and what exactly it does.

Thanks for the help...I just wonder if a protein shake would help satisfy it or if I would eat the protein shake in addition to the other crap.

Protein shake won't satisfy...nope. It's all the FAT you put in it that satisfies. :D

My Reesse's chocolate peanut butter oatmeal recipe is GREAT for you, and taste like cookie dough (to me).

1/2 cup raw oats, cover with water and nuk for 2 mins.

Add 1 cup of chocolate protein powder. If the oats are really dry, then add more water, or the protein will taste grainy or clumpy.

Add 1 TBS natural PB...crunchy or creamy (Smuckers)

2 packets Splenda, Stevia, Equal...your pick

Stir it up....YUM. :)

5-HTP kills my PMS cravings (and most of the bitchiness) dead. Serotonin levels drop during the luteal phase, so this makes sense.

If you absolutely positively must indulge anyway, r-ALA will minimize damage. It's almost magical how well that stuff works.

You know...I'm gonna have to get some of that stuff. I haven't heard anything but good things about it. Is it worth the money and how long does the stuff usually last?

Top Bottom