Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another "How does this look" question

jus'anothernoob

Somebody who is smarter with dieting than me, please take a look at this, tell me if I am atleast pointed in the right direction. Really quick, basic stats/info: 29yo male, 5'8", 190lbs, about 13-15%bf(I say "about" because I used a fairly inaccurate method, so maybe its a % or two lower, but thats close). I train 6 days a week, usually two work outs a day. Usually a run/cardio workout in the am, and CrossFit in the pm. Being in the military...the a.m. workout is part of my job, so I cant change that, the pm CrossFit, well, I usually just see how I feel. Sometimes I take a day off, sometimes I go a week or two straight with no rest day, just depends how I feel. I am about to start a cycle of Deca/T-3(possibly EPO)...not trying to be rude, but I dont need advice with that. Its what I have, so its what I will use. What I am looking for is diet advice. I am looking to loose "some" bf(hence the T-3), but realistically, if I get to 9-10%, I will probably be satisfied. As far as the Deca...not really looking to gain much weight with it right now...just looking to maintain/improve strength while I up my cardio/loose bf. I think I am going in the right direction...

My diet..let me first say that I have been eating fairly clean for quite a while...not looking to magically loose fat from the T-3, just want to make sure I am headed in the right direction...)
1. 4:30am: Protein Bar, Fruit
2. 7:00am: 1-1/2 to 2 cup Low fat cottage cheese/5-6 egg whites, etc...fruit
3. 10:00am: Protein bar or shake, fruit and/or veggies
4. 12:30-1:00pm: 2 cans Tuna w/ low fat mayo, 2 slices whole wheat bread, veggies
5. 5:00pm: 2 chicken breasts, veggies
6. 8:00-10:00pm: Protein bar/shake

I usually include some form of healthy fat in with the meals...olives and almonds happen to be my current favorite, but I dont really care, suggest away, lol. I have lately been cutting out most of my starches, minus the 2 slices wheat bread. I replace them with copius amounts of fruit and veggies...I dont have a perfect number for grams of carbs from them since I cant get a straight answer for each serving, etc. I usually just eat them till I'm full each meal. An example might be I eat an apple and a serving of grapes with breakfast, maybe a bananna and a serving of celery with lunch, etc. I try to vary them as much as possible. The other meals are just examples, basically something as a lean protein source, try to switch it up as much as I can. Also, I shoot for 2gal of water a day, usually end up with about 1-1/2.

The first meal at 4:30 is just to have something in my stomach when I workout in the morning.

Anyone have any advice? Like I said, not looking to get huge right now, nor am I trying to get "super-ripped"...looking to greatly improve my cardio/run times and drop some bf%, while at a minimum, keeping strength the same(For reference, I am benching about 315#x1, squatting a little over 400#, deadlift about the same. I want to keep those weights the same/improve them...while significantly drop time on my runs, ranging from 2-10miles)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Using the sticky above, I came up with a BMR of about 1910. Also using the same forumla, it says I should be eating approximately 3629cal/day(BMRx1.9 for 2-a-day training, very active).

My question is how accurate is that? It seems like a very high number to me...I mentioned that I'm not currently looking to get huge right now, but when I was about 235#, 8%bf, taking every drug I could get my hands on, I was eating "fairly clean" and taking in about 4k cal/day, and I saw great size gains. Obviously, my current diet is no where near 3600cal a day, and yes, I am loosing some weight/fat, but my strength is staying ok, so it doesnt seem like its too little cals?? Having been in the military for quite a while, is it likely that my body has just gotten used to using less food, and still functioning the same?

Top Bottom