Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An Interesting Conversation about Faith and God...

pappad said:
That is 100% correct! Faith = No sense realm evidence!

So I guess you are right when you say to live by faith is Non-Sense!!!

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

I totally do NOT trust my eyeballs anymore after watching that show on the eyes...I think it was the discovery channel or something on how the eye works. the brain makes up alot of what we see, it fills in the pieces for us. How easy to be tricked by our own eyes and mind!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."-Friedrich Nietzsche

"We have never pretended to enlighten shoemakers and servants; that is the job of the apostles."-Voltaire

javaguru said:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."-Friedrich Nietzsche

"We have never pretended to enlighten shoemakers and servants; that is the job of the apostles."-Voltaire
We've seen it. It's in your sig. Get some new material. :rolleyes:

cindylou said:
I totally do NOT trust my eyeballs anymore after watching that show on the eyes...I think it was the discovery channel or something on how the eye works. the brain makes up alot of what we see, it fills in the pieces for us. How easy to be tricked by our own eyes and mind!

That's why the Bible tells us to walk by faith, and not by sight!!!!

God's Word is like the instruments on a plane. When things don't look right, trust the instruments!!!!

bottleneckblooz said:
Java, you should be glad there are religious people who believe in God in this world. If there wasn't, how ever would you spend your time??

It would be bliss.

cindylou said:
I dont have my sigs turned on, I might have never seen your insult! :qt:
To put the quote from Voltaire in context. Like many of the aristocracy of the time he felt the traditional Christian teachings enforced the social and economic status quo. The Biblical virtues of poverty, meekness and serving your master as if you were serving God helped buffer against revolution. The same could be said with the Tsar in Russia, he was called "little father" by the people and God was their "big father." Christianity was exploited by those few who ruled/fought and prayed to ensure their continued wealth and prosperity.

cindylou said:
I dont have my sigs turned on, I might never have seen your insult! :qt:
If you watch the series you can get some reasonable philosophical arguments for a theist belief.

Top Bottom