Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I hurting myself??? bro's please read

Ozzie87

Banned
Platinum
Upright Rows - Exercise Form & Techniques, Pictures & Video

It sayz upright rows are BAD if they hurt at all. I'm not in any serious pain doin them obv but they don't exactly feel nice. My shoulders are VERY important to me!!!!! please read and MODS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERES ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BEFORE MOVING THIS IF YOU HAVE TO, I PUT IT HERE BECAUSE MORE BROS WILL READ IT :) i hope its just bs......

If they hurt bad during the movement i wouldn't do them either.. There are many other exercises you can do to target shoulders and traps! Some ppl have a better feel for the movement using dumbells instead of a bar.

Good on ya for asking too!! Some ppeps wouldn't even bother to ask, then just end up hurting themselves..

I do them all the time,i tore my rotator cuff several yrs back i usually switch to dumbell flies if that routine starts bothering them

RADAR

Upright Rows - Exercise Form & Techniques, Pictures & Video

It sayz upright rows are BAD if they hurt at all. I'm not in any serious pain doin them obv but they don't exactly feel nice. My shoulders are VERY important to me!!!!! please read and MODS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERES ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BEFORE MOVING THIS IF YOU HAVE TO, I PUT IT HERE BECAUSE MORE BROS WILL READ IT :) i hope its just bs......

You would actually get a better response in the right forum.

Moving this....

B-

I don't do them.... I tore something about 2 years ago, and never got it looked at because I didn't want to be told I had to take a break from lifting (or worse yet, riding). It flairs up if I try to do upright rows, or if let's say I try to lift a toolbox out of a lifted 4x4 truck. That particular motion sets my right shoulder joint off like it has a bunch of razor blades & broken glass in it. So far, any other lifting doesn't bother it. Except occationally if I over do it with inclined benching.

Charles

If I had to guess, I'd say that you're putting too much pressure on your rotator cuff (causing painful impingement) due to excessive loads with internal rotation of the shoulder. The fact that you have more pain at the lower 20% of the range of motion may be an indicator of too heavy a load on your supraspinatus (RTC muscle solely responsible for the first 30 degrees of shoulder abduction, prior to deltoid activation).

You could avoid the full range, perhaps modify your grip (shoulder width is ideal, any closer increases stress on RTC and decreases stress of delts) , or even drop your weight...but your best bet is to stop doing uprights. Working in overhead DB/BB presses/military presses and plenty of front raises should have the same effect, if not better on bulking your shoulders.

i wouldnt do anything that caused discomfort. if you cant fix it so you dont feal pain than stop the lift. ohp and shrugs will do you just as good or better.

once in a blue moon but i dont find them to be to good. i do high pulls at least monthly.

Top Bottom