Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alexsmom:)

N

new@gettinbig

Girl you need to eat more food!! I know where you are coming from..I had an eating disorder for quite some time..You are not eating enough calories...I eat at least 6 meals a day...1-1.5 grams of protein..You will not get fat eating good quality clean protein...I PROMISE:) You have to fuel your body..the less you eat it will slow your metabolism down...Lifting heavy and eating is the way to go. You need to eat good complex carbs..I would lay off cardio..you do not need it...When I first started training I weighed about what you are now..and I know bf was higher than now...I did no cardio while I trained heavy...I do minimal unless I am getting ready for a show. Eat lean red meat, chicken, tuna, turkey breasts, eggs and whites..take in good fats...keep it simple and basic...eat as much real food as you can too:) Let me know if you have any questions..Ill be glad to help ya out!

Thanks New...you always have such helpful advice. As you can imagine, this "eating more is better concept" is hard to grasp when you have an ED history. Anyhow, I am really challenging myself with the weights....lifting heavier then I ever have in all my 10 years of working out. I still prefer machines to free weights so I'm working on that and I am going to lay off the cardio. I really do like doing 20 minutes of HIIT so maybe that 2x a week??

I added some whey protein to my oats this morning and am planning to incorporate more real food, especially later on in the day instead of my protein shake. ONe small question though on food combinations...is it ok to eat a fat with a carb?...for instance I like to spread peanut butter or almond butter on a banana and eat that as a snack. I thought I read somewhere in one of the posts that you shouldn't combine fats with carbs but couldn't remember where or If I got the info mixed up. At any rate, thank you and I may have more questions coming your way (if you don't mind). :)

Try putting oatmeal..pb and protein powder for a snack or breakfast...keep fats in your diet but dont go overboard..fats/carbs all depends on what you are looking to do..I would do free weights too..machines are ok..but free weights are GREAT! Dont be afraid to use those in your workout routines..have you thought about trying out a trainer? just for a few sessions to kinda get you headed in the right direction and give you some ideas. Yes eat babe!! at least 6 meals a day..protein w/ each meal...Keep cardio to a very low...low-intensity...or HIIT only 1-2 times at most...you dont really need any at all..i would take a break from it for a while to be honest. You are eating clean and lifting so you are not going to get fat. Cardio is overrated....unless you need to get ready for a show and get ripped to shreds..where you are at w/ your height and size..i would not do it. I did not do cardio for almost a year while training heavy..i wanted to put on muscle and get some size on cause i was way too small. Goodluck sweetie:)

New...yes, both me and my hubby have thought about getting a trainer but right now our financial situation is not so great. Hopefully in the spring things will look better. I do think I was going overboard with the fats before I started my clean diet though. I didn't eat a lot but I lived off salads w/ oil based dressings and ate nuts almost everyday. I thought I was doing good because I was leaving out the carbs...so I'm learning :) I actually have felt pretty good since cleaning things up...just got to add more good stuff.
I suppose I always stayed away from the free weights because I was in a bad car accident a few years back and my lower back is not too great....squats and deadlifts always seem to aggrevate. I am planning to at least incorporate them for my upper body though. Many thanks again! :)

I'm 5'8" about 125...not sure of BF though. I'm thin but I don't feel very lean...especially after having my son...he'll be 1 years old though this Friday :) I feel like I'm carrying extra fat around my lower back area and would really like to see more definition in my arms and legs.

you should get your bf% tested, its a good way to see that your putting on lean muscle and track your progress.

I know...I belong to Gold's so I'm pretty sure they do it there. In a way I think I don't really want to know for fear it's way higher then I think it may be. Maybe I'll go in and ask tomorrow of they can do it. (unless I chicken out) :)

Getting your body fat done is the best way to monitor your progress..weight doesnt tell you much of anything.. I do know for your height though you need to put on some lbs..lean mass that is not fat. Make sure you find someone that knows what they are doing when they take your body fat and make sure it is more than a 3 site..it is more accurate that way. And always have the same person take it as well..that way even if it is off a few % it will get a good estimate of your progress.

Free weights will help strengthen your lower back, when you are using machines your back isn't doing any supporting work which means the muscles will weaken. Make sure you are using correct form when squatting etc. Doing squats, deadlifts etc has strengthened my back no end after years of back pain/injuries. The only thing I find aggravates my back is machine rowing, bent over rows and incline sit ups. It seems to be exercises which put stress on my back through both legs and arms at the same time i.e. bracing with legs against the floor/machine when rowing which does the damage for me.

And yes, for these exercises my form is perfect and weight well within my limits.

Top Bottom