Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abs, arms, and inner thighs

Tombstonealley said:
If she is a bodybuilder I would agree with you, but if she is just looking to tone up you are so fucking wrong. i train women all day and most never even get near a 50lbs dumbell and the ones who do look like guys. Most women never have to go over 20 to 25lb dumbells and if she is asking a question like this I would guess she would not have to go over 15lbs. I thirteen yrs of experience and about two hundred toned and beautiful women who either I or my company have trained all of whom would tell you-you are full of shit!

excuse me, but i've used 50lb dumbells on numerous occasions and i hardly think i look like a guy (do a search, i've posted pics...)

i need at least 350-400 lbs on leg press to challenge my hardly bulky legs...

i would stay away from the generalizations, women who look like men (as far as muscle structure goes) are either

1) men
2) doing some heavy AS
3) part of the 0.2% population of women who bulk up on heavy weights (naturally high test levels i guess)

lose bodyfat, gain muscle (everywhere).....period.

if you have fat arms, inner thighs, abs, etc. no amount of resistance training is gonna make the fat shrink. get on a cardio regimine, monitor your eating, and stick with the weights to put on muscle. with the added muscle you will increase your metabolism and thus your fat burning capacity. dont become a cardio queen just because you "want to lose the fat first". you will only lose muscle and slow your metabolism.

i see it daily. skinny chicks with fat arms and no muscle.
"can you do my bodyfat?"
"sure....28%" "
"what??? how can that be? im skinny."
they have no muscle tone. they think they have "loose" muscle.....ITS FAT!

heres the quick lowdown:
find a gym, ymca, some place with some versatility in resistance training devices.
calculate your caloric needs, go 500 cals below it. write everything down you eat from there on out. make sure you get 1gm per lb bodyweight of protein and meet your calorie goal each day.
calculate your target heart rate for fat burning based on your age (hint: use karvonen formula)
start low on your cardio training and dont neglect your resistance training.
take a multivitamin

now youre on your way.

Re: .

BriannaLynn said:
Women can get bulky... it takes a lot, but they can. Women, of course, will never be as large as men, but for a woman's build, she can get bulky. Don't act like you everything. Some women have more testosterone levels than normal. Bone up on some medicine.
Ok since you don't really want help, but seem to want people to kiss your ass.....
Women CAN'T get huge muscles without taking anabolic steroids. (Look at the female IFBB competitors from1980-presteroid era- no huge muscles there,ooooooh what a shocker huh?) And guess what? Most GUYS cant' either.
Medicine- all right lets talk medicine. Hormone levels, like all human attributes, will be vary from individual to individual. If you measure a representative cross sample of people you would find a bell curve distribution with the highest number being average,, and 2/3 of the population within 2 standard deviations of the mean.
Again, guess what? Almost all the men at the bottom of the curve are still higher than all but the freakiest of women - the top .1%. And this woman would have large muscles before she even lifted weights. YOU WONT GET HUGE MUSCLES. But with your reasoning, you probably won't get results either.......LATER

Top Bottom