Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A slurry of questions (sorry)

madferit

When bulking, is an hour of cardio in the morning of workout days a good thing? I have been bulking and while I have my top 4 abs, my bottom two are disappearing. While riding the bus I can feel a jiggle...feels nasty.

I'm in college and it's damn hard not to drink...I drink 3 nights a week usually. How do people avoid drinking in college? It's so fun and on top of that your friends are always doing it. Ack! Maybe I just have to wait until I get my diploma to settle down.

For a bulking routine..4 workout days of 1 hr workouts good? What is a good split? So far I have used things like back/bis, chest/shoulders, legs, and the 4th day is reserved for tris and other minor muscles. What do other people use?

How often should calves and abs be trained? I have heard every other workout, every workout, every other day...

What works best for bulking...heavy weight/low reps, medium weight/medium reps, low weight/high reps?

My stats are 6'0", 205, 14% bf, and 2 years lifting experience. I have my own opinions on all of these questions, but I would just like to hear what more experienced people have to say.

Cardio can hurt your gains, best to avoid it all togeather untill cutting, but alot of people do it on their off days. Its also better to do bike instead of running.

Drinking is a nice way to pack on the pounds, fat that is. Empty calories bro. You should consider dropping it down to one night a week.

3-5 lifting days is ideal. Most people work out for around an hour, sometimes two. You are gonna have to work with your split to see what you like, but make sure its logical. Don't go training the back one day then legs the next, you'll be in a world of pain plus its not good for gains.

Abs and calves should be trained like any other muscle, with high intensity. Since they do not get any indirect lifting from doing other lifts (IE working out shoulders indirectly while doing bench) you should do them 2 times a week instead of one.

For reps, 3 sets of 6-8 is ideal. You should work to failure on the last rep of the last set. Once you can get to 10 on the last set then its time to add some more weight.

Btw, use search. Everything I just wrote comes from other posts.

Top Bottom