Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A LIfter's Iron Log...

JKurz1 said:
I don't care how not worried you are, that shit shut my ass down harder than anything has.....did it twice, 1st with zero problems, 2nd - done for a looong ass time. I would NEVER touch it again and esp. not without hcg, clomid in the background.....just want you to be aware, it's nasty......and IMHO 6-oxo isn't going to cut it.....no flame, just informative......maybe I'm just sensitive, but I doubt it...

Man you've been taking some gear cause you're more fiesty now. But yes it could be you and not the drugs. Then again you're from Ohio... A whole state full of wimps
:kapow:

10-11-04

Solid workout today.

Feel pretty strong afterwards, not fatigued.

Barbell bench press-warmups, 160x10x3, solid
Dumbell bench 62.5's x1x11-12
Barbell incline 125x1x10
cable flyes 60lbs each side 1x10

Weighted incline situp/crunch BW+35x1x10
Stability ball crunches BW+ 17.5lbs x1x25

Was a good workout. I am satisfied. Progress is excellent. Friday was a reminder to not rush things too much. I'll stay with the dumbell bench and incline weights for next workout, then go up 5lbs after. Barbell bench will go up 5lbs next workout. I'm a fuckin Hercules baby! Least I feel like one lol.

Ain't nothin like hitting the weights to make you feel good about yourself. I've really started to mature in the gym too I've noticed. It's gotten to the point I don't give a rip what anyone lifts anymore, I'm there for me, and to challenge myself, and to make myself bigger and stronger. Not that I was a putz before, but I'd kinda see what others were lifting and size people up based on how they looked and what they lift in my mind. Now as long as you don't bother me, or treat me with respect, I don't care how much you lift. I saw this skinny kid benching 75lbs for 10 reps with everything he had last week, and all I could think was (keep it up and eventually you'll get bigger and stronger), which was a big shift from what I might have thought like a year or 2 ago like(man that guys weaker than weak). I don't know, just a total positive shift in thought, sorta like a feeling of cammaderie, like we're all there for pretty much the same reasons, so what's the point of ego trippin, even if it's only in your head.

Just happy to notice that. Shows growth as a person, as a human being. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :verygood:

On a side note, I still chuckle inside when I see guys doing 1/2 and 1/4 squats with 135lbs with the bar padded. Sorry ,I can't help it! :evil:

10-12-04

Back day baby!

First time doing regualr barbell deadlifts since I started training again. Gonna switch each week between 5x5 deads and 1x15 stiffy's.

Regular barbell deadlift 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, cleaned it once, 205x5, cleaned it once, 225x6 easy. Barbell stiff-legged deadlift 225x1. Had alot left in me, but I just wanted to get warmed up on em for the first time.

Wide-grip cable pulldowns 140x1x12-13
Dumbell row 57.5's x1x12-13
Barbell row 125x1x7-8
wide grip pulldowns 140x8-9
dumbell row 60's x1x10
cable rows 140x14
dumbell shrugs 80's x1x20+
one arm dumbell cleans 75x1, 85x1, 95x1, 105x1
one arm dumbell deadlifts 125x1
two arm one dumbell clean to shoulder 125x1
leg raises +2.5lbs x1x10, held plate between feet

Good workout overall, felt thoroughly worked after, but not tired.

4 days a week is working real well for me. Not training to failure also helps.

I'll switch it up so that I do 1 set stiff legged deadlifts once a week for 1x15, and a workout similar to the one I did today on the other week. Should work well for strength and muscular development as well as volume and recuperation.

I feel like the fuckin man when I do those two arm one dumbell cleans to the shoulder. I've NEVER see anyone else do them in the gym, but me. I feel special. ;)

how do you hold the dumbell for a two arm clean? sounds interesting. i hear ya on the working out for working out. i had to stop caring what other people were pushing. since im light, i know that benching 220 is a really long way away. i try to help poeple with bad form though, if they seem like they would listen. this huge guy came in behind me in the squat rack today, warmed up with my 5x5 weight. funny shit to me

gjohnson5, I think many would disagree with your statement that dumbells are for isolation. I use dumbells for seated presses and consider them to be an excellent mass building compound exercise. Also for bench, and stiff's. A dumbell can be just as much a strength and mass building tool as can a barbell.

I use dumbells for stiff-legged deads because they conform to the way I want to hold them, not me conforming to them.

The point of using dumbells with cleans and deadlifts is that it is simply ALOT harder to do. It takes more speed, greater arm and wrist strength, and greater forearm and grip strength to do them than with a barbell. Hypothetically speaking if my max clean is 225, then I would have to use a pair of 110's dumbells to get roughly the same weight. But the dumbells would be alot harder to clean than the 225lbs barbell and I know at this point I could not clean a pair of 110's, yet.

I like doing one arm deadlifts and cleans for grip strength and all around useful strength and power.

I like one arm cleans because it builds sorta awkward strength and it's great for grip strength.

I like using two arms to lift one heavy dumbell for cleans because it's a good awkward power building movement. It takes a fair amount of stregnth to clean a 150lbs dumbell to the shoulder with NO split or squat at all, just straight up to the shoulder in one quick movement through sheer back, hip and arm strength. My near future goal is to be able to 2 arm dumbell clean a 200lbs dumbell.

All these lifts are secondary to my main workout. The squat, deadlift and stiff, bench, press, row etc. all come first, but I like to add these weird movements in because they build stregnth and power. I may look stupid to some, but they won't be joking when I can clean a pair of 150's off the ground with no split or squat.

I think of my training as a combo of bodybuilder, powerlifter, weightlifter and strongman all in one, sorta, and I think all can be combined into a routine to build great all around strength and size.

If my gym had tires to flip, and stones and sandbags to pick up, I would. Least it has heavy chains and bands.

Well there's my long winded response to your post. ;)

As to your question john, basically pick a heavy dumbell and set it down between your legs. Take a wide enough stance so you can squat down comfortably to pick it up. Imagine a football linemen crouched down with one hand on a thigh and the other on the ground. Same position, just both hands on the dumbell. Grip the dumbell with one hand high and the other over it low. Your palms should be facing you. Your pinky fingers will overlap a little. You may get some weird stares in the gym from less open minded individuals if you try this exercise.

I like em. If you can do a two arm clean with a 150lbs dumbell or heavier in one shot from ground to shoulder with no dip, split or squat, just bascially manhandling it up, well I figure you could pick up an average guy even easier and body slam him. Not that that's why I do them, but that gives you an idea of the awkward strength it takes to do them. They can be rather uncomfortable too if you happen to smack your shoulder on the way up from cleaning it. An all and all manly exercise, albeit probably stupid looking to your average gym rat, of course, your average gym rat is, well, AVERAGE.

Top Bottom