Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

6 Week Contest and SARMS1 GW 501516 Log - Girly Style

A quick update this morning.

I was back at a Tornado class last night. They are more intense but I like the shorter blocks better. Rowing/ Treadmill/ Floor. Seems like it moves quicker.

So guys...I'm working on my mindset but am really struggling this week. I don't feel good! I'm not sleeping right either, which just makes everything a million times worse. I worked as best I could last night (and still broke a sweat and all that good stuff) but my body was really fatigued and aching. My mood has tanked too. I could barely keep my eyes open and then still laid in bed till about 1:30 this morning. I think the GW is the only thing that kept me moving last night and that's after 2 days of rest.

I'm wondering if my lower carbs has something to do with it. The first 4 weeks the only complex carb I was eating was 1/4 cup of steel cut oatmeal and I cut that down to 1/8 cup for this last week. My other carb sources are from things like broccoli, spinach, mixed greens and those types of veggies. I am seriously considering doing a mini carb up. If I did it, I'd do it tomorrow as I have classes Sat/ Sun and then 3 next week. I haven't looked at my macros yet but would probably bump the oatmeal to 1/4 cup and then add some sweet potato to my other two meals. Drop my fat macro down a bit for that day.

I haven't completely decided but that's what I'm thinking today.

I only the low carb because this was a short term contest (just so everyone understands the rationale behind it). But...more specifically....yesterday my calories were 1739 with 45%p/ 34%f/ 21% c or

193.5 g protein
96 g carbs
68 g fat

The scale is still moving so I haven't stalled out, I just feel crappy.

I am going to do the carb day tomorrow and then will see this through to the end. I'm done the 6 week contest in one week tomorrow.

After that, I'll re-adjust things to be a little more reasonable.

It's such a fine line between wanting to win this thing but not wanting to do damage to myself or feel so crappy, I can't get the best results possible.

Sweet potatoes it is. :)

Friday update

Well, I have one week to go in the 6 week contest! As rough a week as this has been, I have tried really hard to shift my mental focus and am ready to make it a strong last week! Today is my carb up day and just knowing that gave me a boost too. I upped my oatmeal this morning and added some yams to both my other meals. It's not a huge increase but I'm feeling like it'll help get me through.

I did some cardio last night and have two classes booked this weekend. I have to do all three classes for next week by Friday, so not a lot of rest there. I asked my son to double check that all weigh ins will be done next Friday. For the mid point, I saw them weighing people in 3-4 days after the required dates and I wanna make sure there's no extensions cause if there is....I'll be using one! lol

I'm feeling much better today. Half the battle is in the mind isn't it?!

I have 1.8 lbs to go to hit the 20 mark. Anything beyond that is a huge bonus!

Congrats lady. 20lbs in 6 weeks is pretty amazing! What's your first meal gonna be after? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

Operation carb up was a success! Extra oatmeal and 300 grams of yams and I slept like a baby last night. I was up .8 lbs this morning but felt like a different person in the gym.

Tornado class this morning!

Started with the floor block. 9 stations/ 2 exercises each with 10 pushups in between. About 1 min per exercise.

TRX squat into high row
TRX tuck ins (feet in handles in a push up position pulling legs into your chest.

Bench jumps
Bench touches with feet

Kettlebell squat into row
KB one arm alternating swing

side planks/ both sides

Side bench jumps
Tricep dips

Side to side ab crunches with medicine ball
Medicine ball squat into jump

Side to side on a bosu ball
Bosu ball burpees

Rowing:

200 m
10 bicep curls with a band/ 10 squats
300 m
15 curls/ 15 squats
400 m
20/20
25/ 25
600 m....

Then finally treadmill:

First half was incline intervals and second half was more speed intervals. I'm able to run most of it now and only walk after the all out sprints. That's huge improvement for me from 5 weeks ago!!

I came pretty close to the puke zone today and the only reason I didn't was because I was on the freeway and didn't want to mess up my car or pull over! lol

Sunday....6 days to go!

I woke up feeling like a new person today. I had a very long sleep, which was much needed. I also did some mental work with myself last night. I can catch a negative spiral and stay stuck there so I took a bit of time out and just really tried to refocus my thoughts. Sometimes, I'm my own worst enemy.

I hit up a class this morning. I felt really strong on the treadmill and even ran most of the hills. I'm still not at the point of running the 10-12% hills but I'm making progress. The GW is amazing and I'm still having to push it that much harder to get myself in the "orange zone". I'm up to about 165 HR, which would be 84% which gets me there. So on their board, I look like I'm sucking because I have less time in the orange zone but I know I'm actually rocking it! lol

The rest of it was rowing and a lot of kettlebell and TRX work. My strength is improving and my ability to do the exercises is getting better. My son gave me a rowing tutorial yesterday and the instructor today told me my form was perfect. I can go farther too and keep up with the fat ladies now. lol

Yesterday, I had focused in on this woman in the tornado class who seemed to have her head up the tanned trainer's butt and for whatever reason, she annoyed the hell out of me. (I know, I'm way too old to be so catty but this is what goes on in my head at the gym). As it turns out, she's the competition. She's the one who had lost a similar %age of weight to me. She's in better shape, for sure, but I think as the evening went on, that sort of fired me up. It's funny how it's the one woman I was annoyed with. She's smaller then me too so it should be interesting to see where we finish.

On that note, I'm still right around 18 lbs down. The carb load put me up a bit and it's come down now. I'm going to hold the course and finish strong!

Monday Update

I went to another class last night.

Treadmill was mostly incline intervals.

The rowing/ floor combo was not too bad either.

Block 1
One arm TRX squat into low row
5 burpees
high knee jog to the rower for 200 m
repeat x3

Block 2
Step ups with DB into bicep curls - 20
Reverse lunge with DB into shoulder press - 20
Bench push ups - 15
Repeat x3

Block 3

Medicine ball squat into OH press
MB woodchops - 20
MB sit ups - 15
repeat x3

I had pretty good energy tonight but am feeling it with 3 days in a row. I'm sore! Tomorrow will just be cardio I think.

Diet on point.

So...the scale has totally frozen the last few days. Up a bit/ down a bit but essentially stuck at 18 lbs down.

I decided this morning to NOT stress about it. I'm not going to make any drastic changes and just hold the course. The interesting thing is I can really see a change in my body. I look leaner.

Hopefully, I'll have a breakthrough by Friday morning and see a bit more movement.

So, my son came home last night and told me that one of the really, really big women from the gym said she's down about 17% of her weight. I guess if you're over 300 lbs and make the drastic changes that would be possible. I was trying to do the math in my head. It was pretty discouraging tbh. The other issue I'm facing is the hospital unit I work on was put on isolation for a flu outbreak and I woke up this morning feeling crappy. Got the body aches big time. I'm still sore from the last couple classes too. Gawd!

However, I have spent the last 2.5 years being a quitter and I'm two days and two workouts from the end and I'm NOT going to quit. Of course, you always hope you'll win the big prize but this whole thing was also about sticking to something and seeing it through to the end. Cutting out all the excuses I've been using for the last couple of years.

I'm booked for a Tornado class tonight and will have to do one tomorrow too and then I'M DONE!!

Top Bottom