Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does anyone here do crossfit?

Crossfit = awesome.

I'll expand on that in a bit when I'm not confined to my iPhone.

There's a crossfit cult center a few miles from my house. Those fuckers want $160 a month to be a member :worried:

Membership

A few of the WODs look pretty damn bad ass. I'm in such bad shape atm I would prolly die if I do any of them.

Alrighty. So as I said, I personally believe it's the best method Ive ever used. I dont go to an actual Crossfit gym as my gym has most of whats needed (I lack a rope for climbing and medicine balls, but I obviously have a bench, squat rack, kettle balls, etc). A lot of people go by the main page WOD but I tend to follow my own schedule and come up with a few of my own. I do this because I tend to incorporate sprints in 3 out of my 4 weekly workouts. Every once and a while I'll do a Fran, Angie, or Linda...but I figure as long as Im incorporating bench, squats, deads, cleans (power and/or hang), pullups, thrusters, etc Ill be fine coming up with my own workouts.

A few examples would be:

21 - 15 - 9 reps of:
225 deadlift
50 lb kettle ball swing
Run 400m between each round

or

5 rounds of as many reps as possible:
Bodyweight bench
Pullups
800m run between each round

So on and so forth. I basically like to make sure almost every workout has a metcon element to it as I want to make sure I keep my bodyfat low.

Ive been doing this for about a year now, and Ive put on about 8-10 pounds while keeping my bodyfat at around 7-8%. My strength has gone up more than it has in a while. Keep in mind this was after hitting a plateau and trying things like Madcow, HST, etc.

I also follow a paleo diet relatively strictly (I eat a good amount of sweet potatoes along with my fruits and veggies).

Alrighty. So as I said, I personally believe it's the best method Ive ever used. I dont go to an actual Crossfit gym as my gym has most of whats needed (I lack a rope for climbing and medicine balls, but I obviously have a bench, squat rack, kettle balls, etc). A lot of people go by the main page WOD but I tend to follow my own schedule and come up with a few of my own. I do this because I tend to incorporate sprints in 3 out of my 4 weekly workouts. Every once and a while I'll do a Fran, Angie, or Linda...but I figure as long as Im incorporating bench, squats, deads, cleans (power and/or hang), pullups, thrusters, etc Ill be fine coming up with my own workouts.

A few examples would be:

21 - 15 - 9 reps of:
225 deadlift
50 lb kettle ball swing
Run 400m between each round

or

5 rounds of as many reps as possible:
Bodyweight bench
Pullups
800m run between each round

So on and so forth. I basically like to make sure almost every workout has a metcon element to it as I want to make sure I keep my bodyfat low.

Ive been doing this for about a year now, and Ive put on about 8-10 pounds while keeping my bodyfat at around 7-8%. My strength has gone up more than it has in a while. Keep in mind this was after hitting a plateau and trying things like Madcow, HST, etc.

I also follow a paleo diet relatively strictly (I eat a good amount of sweet potatoes along with my fruits and veggies).
I never plateau< I just up the dose.

yeah I'm working on a mix myself. The main page WOD's sometimes irritate the shit out of me. Like I'm not doing some of those wallball bullshit. And my gym doesn't have a setup for heavy olympic lifs like snatching and cleaning. But some of the workouts, like fran...are just ridiculous. The amount of volume there is insane. Right now I'm trying to work up Barbara....but at 260 pullups are the limiting factor. I never thought doing air squats though would actually put muscle on my legs, but they have. But god I feel like shit for the first couple minutes after some of these workouts...lol. After 15-20 minutes though you feel really good.

Top Bottom