Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out for gym????

dont do a split routine. youre too young and too inexperienced for that. youll quickly overtrain and get overuse injuries. keep your normal routine, fuck around during gym.

ok thanks guys-- i'll do abs when i am not going to lift that day (usually M/W/F) or just pick 2 times a week.

fucking around it is :)

also, why would doing abs 5-6 hours before a workout effect my workout? just curious... i know that having a strong core is vital for squats/deads, but would doing something like this fatigue it, even such a long time before?

ok thanks guys-- i'll do abs when i am not going to lift that day (usually M/W/F) or just pick 2 times a week.

fucking around it is :)

also, why would doing abs 5-6 hours before a workout effect my workout? just curious... i know that having a strong core is vital for squats/deads, but would doing something like this fatigue it, even such a long time before?

im not totally sure if it would affect you. someone using heavier max effort weight would feel weaker. why? the core is under constant tension during squats/deads. the core controls the entire motion. if thats weak, the movement is weak.

im not totally sure if it would affect you. someone using heavier max effort weight would feel weaker. why? the core is under constant tension during squats/deads. the core controls the entire motion. if thats weak, the movement is weak.

yeah that's a good point too which is why i thought doing more core workouts throughout the week might possibly indirectly translate into better squat/deadlift in the long run when i get to real heavy weight. I have them at the end of my workouts at the moment, and i know it's not good but i don't always do them with high intensity becuase i am so physically drained at the end of my workout since i am doing deads or back squats each workout.

The kid who i am planning on doing these with is about 5'8, weighs 150, but has extremely impressive numbers and plays football/lacrosse very well so hopefully at the least i'll get some good tips.

yeah that's a good point too which is why i thought doing more core workouts throughout the week might possibly indirectly translate into better squat/deadlift in the long run when i get to real heavy weight. I have them at the end of my workouts at the moment, and i know it's not good but i don't always do them with high intensity becuase i am so physically drained at the end of my workout since i am doing deads or back squats each workout.

The kid who i am planning on doing these with is about 5'8, weighs 150, but has extremely impressive numbers and plays football/lacrosse very well so hopefully at the least i'll get some good tips.

sounds like a good plan with the training partner.never hurts to learn new things.

Good stuff. It always helps to learn from someone you can talk to in person. BTW, what are "extremely impressive" numbers lol?

Good stuff. It always helps to learn from someone you can talk to in person. BTW, what are "extremely impressive" numbers lol?

coming out of a 6 month break @ 150 pounds, he deadlifted 315, squatted 275, and benched 200 easily.

i find that pretty impressive after a long break- not sure what he lifted when he was more consistent.

I had a health-fitness class in College and we had to lift weights at the gym. They gave us a program to do so I just used either no weight or the lightest weight the machine had for the required number of reps.

Top Bottom