Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie Question - Hard Gainer

Yeah put more compound lifts in there and less machines. Those weight gainer shakes are just what they say: they make you gain weight. You are going to get fat along with muscle. You need to eat a cleaner higher protein diet. I'm still just a noob at it myself but I have gone from 150 to 190 over a year of lifting. Focus on compounds, and get plenty of food.

Listen dude im in same boat as you. 4 years of training and Ive gaiend about 25 lbs. I was dedicated in the 2st year then gradually my interest wained as I failed to see results and things came up. But I still trained. Then chaning my diet and switching to coumpund movements was suggested by those here and Ive put on 12 lbs in a month. Im guessing from BF change that half of that is fat, a few lbs is water but thats still leaves 2-3 lbs in a month, from eating like a madman.

Fuck the weight gain shakes, its all sugar. Buy some protein and mix in outmeal and other stuff to add calories.

OK thanks for all the advice !!!

I'm going to try get some diet advice over the next few days. I'll post up a new diet and training programme and we'll go from there.

Before I put together a new training plan I just want to ask...

Assuming I go to the gym four days a week, which unfortunately are four consecutive days. How is it best to split up my workout? Do I split them up into groups like Back, Shoulders, Chest, Legs, and Arms? Also is it necessary to have a dedicated CV day or just do a bit each day?

Yeah bro, add the compound lifts to your routine. Also, the meal that you have before your workout, try to incorporate some complex carbs as well. That will give you some energy that will last better than the simple sugars that give you a spike for about 30 mins followed by a crash. When you increase your calories, keep your ratios around 45% protein, 40% carbs, 15% fats. If you do this, this will help you gain nice mass instead of all that fat you were talking about. Also, make sure you take in a nice protein shake immediately following your workout. www.needtobuildmucle.com has a great post workout shake called Muscle Replenisher. Its gives you everything that you need in a post workout shake. PM me for a discount code.

Also, if your doing cardio, make sure you do that following your workout. Its ok to do a light jog pre workout to get the blood flowing, but thats it. Cardio causes your IGF-1 levels to drop, which will hinder your workouts.

PM me anytime and I'll help you devise a nice training routine and give you some advice on some good supplements that are available out there. And no, I don't mean steroids!

Before I put together a new training plan I just want to ask...

Assuming I go to the gym four days a week, which unfortunately are four consecutive days. How is it best to split up my workout? Do I split them up into groups like Back, Shoulders, Chest, Legs, and Arms? Also is it necessary to have a dedicated CV day or just do a bit each day?

Monday (chest/abs)
Tuesday (back/biceps/forearms)
Wednesday (shoulders/triceps)
Thursday (legs/abs)

***I'm currently doing this training split myself and really like like it.

How does something like this look for day 1?

Day 1 - Chest & Abs
1. Barbell Bench Press Flat - 4 sets of 8 (Total in bar 115Lbs)
2. Barbell Bench Press Incline - 4 sets of 8 (Total in bar 115Lbs)
Should I alternate the above with dumbbells each week ?
3. Barbell Bench Press Decline - 4 sets of 8 (Total in bar 115Lbs)
4. Chest Dips - Never done these so how many should I do?
5. Push-ups - Again, how many is reasonable?
6. Ab Crunch - 3 sets of 20

How does something like this look for day 1?

Day 1 - Chest & Abs
1. Barbell Bench Press Flat - 4 sets of 8 (Total in bar 115Lbs)
2. Barbell Bench Press Incline - 4 sets of 8 (Total in bar 115Lbs)
Should I alternate the above with dumbbells each week ?
3. Barbell Bench Press Decline - 4 sets of 8 (Total in bar 115Lbs)
4. Chest Dips - Never done these so how many should I do?
5. Push-ups - Again, how many is reasonable?
6. Ab Crunch - 3 sets of 20

bro, i'm off to bed...absolutely wore out..i'll check back in on this tomorrow though and help ya fine tune everything

Top Bottom