Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

RickRock.

Do you like intermittent fasting when cycling?

What do you prefer better while on IF, white or brown rice?

RickRock.

Do you like intermittent fasting when cycling?

What do you prefer better while on IF, white or brown rice?

I definitely love intermittent fasting while on cycle. They are a match made in heaven in my opinion. Steroids are obviously great for recomposition, and IF is the best diet I've personally used for recomp. Pretty much every cycle I've ran for the last couple years has been with an IF diet, resulting in adding mass while dropping bodyfat.

My typical approach is to shift my calories to the high side (still with high and low days but increases to both) for the first half of the cycle for more mass gain, then I typically go the low side on my high and low days for the last half of the cycle to really speed up the fat loss. It has worked great for me every time.

I always prefer brown rice over white, just because most of my carbs are generally complex carbs, but I will throw in simple carbs like white rice from time to time, especially on workout days.

Rickrock, do you typically fast 1 or 2 days a week on cycle? What do you eat your fasting days?

What you are referring to is the alternate day fasting (ADF) version of intermittent fasting. What I do is the 16/8 "Lean Gains" version of IF geared more for bodybuilders where you fast 16 hours every day with an 8 hour feeding window.

I've covered in this thread many times, but the basic premise I follow is I typically follow a recomp approach with a higher calorie and higher carb approach on workout days with a lower cal/lower carb approach on cardio/rest days. It's usually around 20% over and 20% under maintenance for each of those.

I will change that from time to time a bit and shift it more one way or the other depending on if I want to go more for a cut or mass gain.

Way to go Wolverine!

I just realized that over the last year of IF, I have mis-measured my BCAA dosing. I was taking the capsules and ingesting 2g, instead of 10g. Not sure what kind of impact it had, although on one cut, I did lose a lot of strength.

Now I'll start taking the proper, 10g dose when training fasted. Hope it has an impact.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

Way to go Wolverine!

I just realized that over the last year of IF, I have mis-measured my BCAA dosing. I was taking the capsules and ingesting 2g, instead of 10g. Not sure what kind of impact it had, although on one cut, I did lose a lot of strength.

Now I'll start taking the proper, 10g dose when training fasted. Hope it has an impact.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

It honestly shouldn't have made a huge difference. Obviously you would have less anabolism from less protein synthesis, but the impact on performance, strength, and body composition should be minimal. 10g every couple hours of the fast is ideal, but not as crucial as many think it is. Don't put a lot of stock into the BCAAs

What you eat during your anabolic feeding window is what makes or breaks you

You're probably right. Thanks for giving me piece of mind.

I think my biggest loss of muscle during my previous cut was more due to dropping my carbs on training day to 250g, instead of the previous volume of 300g. I find that going below the 300g level is insufficient for muscle maintenance and led to muscle catabolism.

I love IF. There would be no other way for me to drop calories big time for cutting w/o going crazy.

It has become a great diet for cutting that seems to be more lenient on your food choices while keeping a steady rate of fat loss.

This helps you maintain your sanity more and stay on target....where a lot of other diets you will have to be more strict with food choice (especially CKD, paleo, and others). Even though ypu must still hit your desired macros IF is more about nutrient timing than anything. I would have something like burgers or pizza twice per week all the way through my contest prep with IF

Top Bottom