Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stress is outta control

Allow me to elaborate ... there is NO reason to fear flying unless you fully intend to become agoraphobic, stop walking anywhere, not drive anywhere, not go swimming ... it goes on and on. This little graphic explains it very nicely.

OddsOfDying_zps43ad9694.png

If you're not afraid of walking across the street, getting in your car, driving to a train station then buying a ticket and taking a ride there is no good reason to be afraid of flying. You run a higher risk of killing yourself by falling down in the shower or eating dinner.

I resolved myself to that as well....then realized I'm bigger than my fears.
You will get there Pick! Be gentle with yourself ok

My desire to travel isn't as strong as my fear of flying, so it's knot worth my time/effort to practice proven CBT principals to overcum it

Fear of flying? You can get over it. - Washington Post

Doubtful that I will be on my death bed thinking ... I sure wished I wood have conquered my fear of flying.

Just knot a big priority for me.

btw, I was in the USAF :)

I have claustrophobia too ... had, actually, it's a lot better. It was horrible, for me it was elevators, caves and oddly enough, aquariums (no windows). Never bothered me on a plane, there's windows :whatever:

Planes are kind of airborne buses and trains, y'know?

i'm thinking about starting a service to cure people of their claustrophobia by sealing them in a coffin and burying them for 6 hours. if they dig their way out or die, the service is free.

otherwise, $1500 per session. thoughts?

Stress blows. I've been extremely stressed for about the last 5 years now, and I feel it warping me. I'm at the point when I have down time and don't have anything to stress over, my mind comes up with things I don't even need to worry about yet. I tried meds for a few months and they just made me numb, almost to the point I considered relapsing just so I could feel something. I just don't know how to cope with stress. My wrist and shoulder are about at the point I can train harder, I should do more cardio, I'm sure that would help. It's just that all of my time is accounted for between work and Q and there are days I feel like I'm just going to snap. I think the amount of grey hairs in my beard has doubled over the past 6 mo.

Allow me to elaborate ... there is NO reason to fear flying unless you fully intend to become agoraphobic, stop walking anywhere, not drive anywhere, not go swimming ... it goes on and on. This little graphic explains it very nicely.

OddsOfDying_zps43ad9694.png

If you're not afraid of walking across the street, getting in your car, driving to a train station then buying a ticket and taking a ride there is no good reason to be afraid of flying. You run a higher risk of killing yourself by falling down in the shower or eating dinner.

Intellectually I realize it's knot rational to fear flying

Hence, the phobia.

A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation

I wood/have driven motorcycles >120+ mph ... I realize which is riskier.

I have worked in the LA swamps with snakes & alligators.

Just knot interested in investing the effort in conquering the fear of flying. Knot that important to me.

i'm thinking about starting a service to cure people of their claustrophobia by sealing them in a coffin and burying them for 6 hours. if they dig their way out or die, the service is free.

otherwise, $1500 per session. thoughts?

Are you still a brown guy? Just checking.

Jack: hahah sign me up!

MM: I don't fear dying, but yes being closed in. I used to not be able to take tunnels in my car, get on elevators etc, But that was many moons ago and I faced all of those irrational fears and it's weird when I think that I did fear those cause today, it's not even a thought.

But since I've not flown since facing these fears, it's still huge one. And I'm going alone! I would have not thought to do this 2 yrs ago.
I still hate movie theaters and restaurants, but do them now without thinking twice. I'm aware that I'm uncomfortable and that's ok. I feel out the discomfort and just breath and usually is passes.
There is something people who have claustrophobia/anxiety have and that is a keen visual detection. The brain become overloaded on the stimulation from movement so there is an "overload" so to speak and anxiety is the result of the imbalance. Hence why substances work on calming anxiety because they dull those senses.

Pick, for me, I know I want to conquer this, I've conquered a lot in my life with illness and other serious pains, so this was the next step for me.

Top Bottom