Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein supplement during keto diet

avtobulbul

In my understanding theketogenic diet implies that no carbs are eaten, and that you only eatfat and protein. So can I use protein supplement to ease the diet?Sometimes it is really hard to find good sources for protein that arenot meat or chicken, and I just don't feel like eating them.

Soy and whey protein are apples and oranges.
Tuna sandwiches?
I use chopped red cabbage in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can surely use whey protein to complete your keto diet. However, most protein products these days are full of sugars and other carbs. Therefore, you would need to make sure that your protein is very clean, and you will need to study carefully its ingredient list. Such protein as the Isolation by N2BM is a good choice, as it is made with whey Isolate only (whey concentrate does have lactose and consequently carbs), there are no sweeteners, and no unnecessary additives. So it would work very well in a keto diet.

As for the tuna sandwiches, there is one problem here - the bread, it has carbs, and there is no place for carbs in a keto diet.

As long as you are getting the right protein. I would get a pure whey isolate like Whey To Build Muscle. n2bm sells that one. The reason it is great for you is because it only has 1g of carbs. Some other protein powders have much more than that and that will ruin your keto diet.

You can consume protein powder while on a ketogenic diet, you just want to make sure that it is a pure whey isolate that contains no fillers.

All protein powders are not created equal. You really need to be a smart consumer in today's market and do your research. Look at the ingredient list and supplements fact panel on every supplement before buying it.

For a whey protein - you want to see nothing but that in the ingredients list. Whey protein, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and then maybe some salt, soy lechitin and cocoa powder. There are a lot of good products on the market. I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A good whey isolate should be pretty much fat and carb free. Isolation has 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat per 30g scoop.

Top Bottom