Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dieting can improve life span and keep you looking young

N

nclifter6feet6

ive heard that when your metabolism drops when you diet it can drop or run at 70 percent capacity. therefore you age slower because your metabolism is slower. The ratios might be even more but i cant seem to remember where i got this from. anyone else like to add?

There was some study done showing that keeping calories at nearly-starving levels does decrease free radiclas in the body and can slow aging by something like 25%. They found this out during that bio-sphere thing when food rations were low and they were forced to eat sparingly for almost a year. Tests with mice over 10 years has confirmed it. But those calorie levels are so low (roughly 1500/men, 1200/women average), no one who wants to keep muscle would ever stay in that intake range. Check up on Roy Walford, MD.

i keep muscle and i eat below that.

but on the other hand i could eat 5000 calories a day and balloon up to about 16 percent bodyfat and not get much fatter than that.

metabolism is such a weird thing

Top Bottom