Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheat Meal or Cheat day

Drinking Heavy used to kill me as well. I used to eat REAL strict mon-fri. Then easily put a 5th of Jim Bean and some beers down on any weekend night. Now with just eating pretty good throughout the week and having maybe 5 beers on the weekend has been proven better for me.

I know there not out of reach i just think the body fat scale i have might be a little
jiggy i mean i have i have gone form 224 last may im know defined and look alot better at 185 BUt last may the BF scale said 23 know it says 19.5 i mean come on.

Dude you lost nearly 40 lbs.....give yourself some credit. Never trust BF sclaes. Mine will tell me im 24% one night and the next day it will say 17. I like the calipers more...and even those arnt real good. Camera will never lie. ;)

mm107 said:
im with city on this one, my weekends are SHOT. I try to keep my meals in, but i usually eat crappy. Usually BIG Dinners also.

So im a cheat 2days kinda guy.

BUT my weekday diet is exactly 40/30/30 all week. =]
mm .. and I was so proud of you :sulk:

Darkos_Money said:
Which do most of you guys do have a cheat meal once a week or a cheat Day?

If you have a goal, how do you expect to attain it by ruining it on the weekend or a day during the week. I think the idea of a cheat meal/day is NOT the best way to approach your diet. A zig-zag method is probably better practice and avoiding the 'cheat' concept is a healthier approach. By giving yourself a 'meal' or a 'day' to look forward to can lead to disatrous dieting by:

1) thinking this will curb your sanity - just gives you an excuse to throw diet out the window

2) when you throw one of your principles out the window, it makes it easier to throw more out (i.e. it's the weekend 'one drink won't matter' or 'one burger isn't going to ruin it' -> well I had a couple drinks, might as well have some more -> I'm hungry is jack n box still open -> you get the picture

3) cheat meal or day sounds too generous - leads to thinking you can eat anything and everything for that time, "this meal or day will send my metabolism into overdrive"

Cheating is for the weak and if you are, it's for the weekend! :evil:

I think having one cheat meal per week is just fine. It has never cause me anything issues when reaching 7% bodyfat. If you were planning on getting competition lean it would be a problem though (carb cycling might be a good idea here).

Having an entire cheat day impeded my progress (by maybe 20-25%) so I wouldn't recommend it. I would cheat on Saturday and spend Sunday/Monday undoing damage, then would progress Tuesday through Friday. That was a bad habit; i'm glad I don't do that anymore.

I do see the logic and agree mostly i do have good self control when i comes to diet. But i do often think about that big pasta or meal with high fat sauces etc. So for me it is something of a sanity thing but the longer i go without the fast food and the grease the less i miss it and dont feel the craving it.

Adding flavour to such a strict diet of protein carbs and good fats can often be trying and often very repetetive but well worth it when looking in the mirror !!

Top Bottom