Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My programming class hates me

W

Warik

After reading a post on my class's message board from several students asking for extensions for the assignment due today, despite the fact that we've had five complete days to work on it.

Someone then posted, agreeing, "One more day sounds good."

My response?

"Five weren't enough? Let's make everything due in July. We can FedEx our assignments to the teacher after the semester is over!"

Someone responded with: "What a dick"

=(

I thought I was polite.

Stupid class.

-Warik

they comfort each other's procrastination by agreeing w/ one another....therefore making it right :D

I would reply back..

"Why thank you!, I'm quite proud of it myself.. Would you like some? "

Reactions: Cut
Warik, you crack me up. you sure do come across as a dick if people don't know you - I thought the same thing when I first was reading this board. now I know you are cool, but you crack me up.
(and I agree with you - I never understood how people couldn't get the shit done - now I know they were out drinking and having a good time while I was at home doing work, but that is why they are pumping gas and I'm rolling in money... that's my job, to roll in money, it sounds good, but it gets old.)

Happy, yea really dude. It's ridiculous. I'm here in the library on my laptop right now and some people in my class keep asking me shit. They have the STUPIDEST mistakes (and not even syntactical mistakes, they have "hi I'm on drugs" logic mistakes).

The assignment was a simple encryption program. User enters a message, user enters a keyword, individual ASCII values of message letters shifted based on keyword's letter's distance from 'a'. Assigned Thursday, due today, people still not done. I finished that shit Thursday night and had it printed, saved to disk, and packaged in the envelope ready to hand in.

Why do these people insist on taking a SIX WEEK programming *III* course when they clearly don't have the skills or motivation required to do so?

My friend is sitting next to me... violating the library rule of silence by laughing his ass off at every post I made. rofl

-Warik

what language do you have to do it in? I could do that in javascript in under 10 mins... in fact... jesus, I wish I were still in school.

I day you should piss the losers off some more, but knowing american schools these days, someone will just shoot you - and we don't want that to happen.

oh well, rest assured that you are smart and will do well in future classes.
I'm currently the retard at work that doesn't get our Java shit - I can program Java no problem, but what I'm having trouble with is the J2EE deployment standards that are different for ever App server and I feel reall stupid trying to figure this shit out.

It's in Java, Happy. Finished that shit the evening it was assigned and the only reason it took me so long (i.e. more than 10 minutes) was because I did it according to the specifications instead of the more efficient way... =)

runner,

Very funny. =) Doesn't really matter WHAT university you go to, 90% or more of every programming class is going to be full of scrubs. It's not like Psychology or English (sorry badkins!! :)) where you can just memorize a book and do well... but SOMEHOW these fucks in the programming classes keep advancing. I bet they all cheat off each other. Pathetic.

-Warik

Warik,

Life has a way of shaking things out.

Stay true to yourself and fuck these motherfuckers.

Hapy,

You're right about the rolling in $ part. gets old.

Reactions: Cut
well, there are certainly more idiots at most "lower ranked" schools than there are at the prestigious ones, in programming classes and elsewhere, so if you're takin' classes at dade county comm. college, you're not gonna' find too many einsteins beside you.

Top Bottom