Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Substituting Peanut Butter for Flax

C

Cuts

Flax seed oil tastes like shit mixed into my shakes. Can I sub all-natural Peanut Butter in it's place?

Cuts said:
Flax seed oil tastes like shit mixed into my shakes. Can I sub all-natural Peanut Butter in it's place?

Nope, PB is rich in MUFA's but not PUFA's (which is what you are using the flax for). PB is a healthy fat but not rich in essential fats.

Agreed. The point of eating flaxseed oil is to increase your intake of Omega 3 EFAs, and PB is not gonna get ya there. Oily fish, pumpkin seeds, soy beans, leafy green veggies, hemp oil are other good sources (to name a few) but you only need around a tablespoon per day of flaxseed oil to get all the Omega 3s you need. So hold you nose and chug down a tablespoon of flax, and put PB in your shakes.

CUtS, what brand of flax where you using? I love this shit, I wish I could put a tablspn in every protein drink I make. I think it improves the taste of the protein poweders. I like DR. UDO's

Iwan2bsolid2 said:
CUtS, what brand of flax where you using? I love this shit, I wish I could put a tablspn in every protein drink I make. I think it improves the taste of the protein poweders. I like DR. UDO's

WHAT? Your flax actually tastes good!? Mine is called "Flax Liquid Gold" by some company called Health from the Sun... I got ripped off at GNC (as usual) and paid $15 for 16 oz! AND as a bonus, it tastes like shit.

Where do you get this Dr. UDO's stuff? On line? How much?

Don't go to GNC- they are way over priced for everything. I use Dr.Udo's which is kinda expensive, like $19-21 for a good size bottle. Also Jarrow makes killer Flax oil as well, there stuff is alot cheaper. I usually have 3-4 protein shakes a day and put a teaspoon in each shake, I love how it tastes...it really gives it a much better flavor. Search for a Nutrisport in your area, they have the best prices around. Let me know if you get some.

SOLID

Go with either Udo's Choice (the best) or Hempseed, or hempseed oil. Hempseeds taste pretty damn good in my opinion.

Also, if you really want to go with flax for the lignans, try flaxSEED, not just the oil, it doesnt taste bad at all.

try mixing your protein so its at a 'pudding' consistancy, ie not much water, then add the flax...its really yummy like this. When its a liquid shake it tastes like shit

Top Bottom