Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok, Protein Shakes, Do I Need Them?

6(SIC)6

Ok, been working out 1 month. I dont expect to see any gains yet because my bodys still adjusting (although i've seen astonishing strength gains).

Anyway, i'm pretty sure i'm not getting enough Protein, and i know that this is the building block of muscle.

My queston is, should i get some protein shakes? I didn't really want to cos i thought that i could get enough in my diet, but umm, i cant. Now i've heard that they are bad for you in some ways, is this true? And when should i drink these shakes?

Lastly, who of you guys uses protein shakes?

Thanks.

I couldn't do without them, I aim for a least 6 servings of protein per day and there is no way I could get that through food, there just isn't enough hours in the day to eat that many times, plus the calories would be to high overall, a pure whey protein shake has only 100 or so calories in it

I used to use shakes all the time for practically everything

Since then Ive slowly tried to phase them out and replace them with proper decent food like oatmeal, rice (instead of pasta), chicken, honey etc etc

I dont know about anyone else but I have found that with drinking your calories, alot of the calories seem to be lost, wether they just pass straight through the body or what I dont know, but I find I am eating much "less" calories than before and yet I am gaining weight again. Possibly because I have improved the quality of my diet too, but it definately seems to me that some of those liquid calories are not used.

Just a thought

Eat real quality food

protein shakes make it convenient when you don't time to eat a chicken breast or can of tuna.

needsize said:
I couldn't do without them, I aim for a least 6 servings of protein per day and there is no way I could get that through food, there just isn't enough hours in the day to eat that many times, plus the calories would be to high overall, a pure whey protein shake has only 100 or so calories in it

Exactly. I try to get 1.5 gr of protien per 1 lb of body weight. And at 220lbs, that would be pretty much impossible without shakes. I take two a day. If I didn't, I'd have to take in probably close to 4000 calories in regular food to match it. Also, I've never heard of a quality protein shake being bad for you at all.

Top Bottom