Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok, Protein Shakes, Do I Need Them?

The main bad side to taking protein is that if you take to much it is not absorbed and is stored in the kidneys later turning to calories. If your body doesn't turn it to calories you just shit it out. That's it.....not a bad thing.

I take about 90grams of protein in through P shakes. I weigh 175lbs and I get about 225garms of protein a day total. is that bad that i am getting alomst half of my protein from shakes?

real food is the cest source of protein but if trying to consume 1.5 - 2 grams of bodyweight it can be hard to eat that much food. i use shakes for about 50% of my protein intake. be careful not to take in too much as it will set in kidneys and give you problems. BTW be sure to drink plenty of water.

Stiffler i think that's a decent amount of protein even considering the protein shakes. Many people don't count the protein shakes because they only keep you in an anabolic state for about 1 hour and leave you catabolic after that, versus food can take several hours. Nothing compares to real food i agree. And i'm sure if most of your protein intake came from whey, you'd be more dissapointed in results versus food.

6sic6... what are you trying to say w/ a name like that anway? That you are evil or something? Evil like you enjoy what happened to people last tuesday or what? What exactly are you trying to say w/ a name like that.

riskybiz007 said:
Stiffler i think that's a decent amount of protein even considering the protein shakes. Many people don't count the protein shakes because they only keep you in an anabolic state for about 1 hour and leave you catabolic after that, versus food can take several hours. Nothing compares to real food i agree. And i'm sure if most of your protein intake came from whey, you'd be more dissapointed in results versus food.

6sic6... what are you trying to say w/ a name like that anway? That you are evil or something? Evil like you enjoy what happened to people last tuesday or what? What exactly are you trying to say w/ a name like that.

RISKY- so are so saying that I am consuming to much P powder?
I get my protein from the Pfactory, I designed it so it was a little slower to digest, this is what it looks like;
20%-CFW
20%-egg white protein
40%-soy protein
20%-milk casinate
each shake I mix with about half a tablespoon of flax oil (3 shakes) and I put in 50-70mg of maltdexatrin in my post workout shake.
so i am consuming about 4 shakes a day w/ 22g per shake.

what are your thoughts on that?
thanks,
STIFFLER
:)

no i'm saying i think you're getting a decent amount of protein from natural foods.

You need to consume alot of water, if you are not already. Urine should be clear. Mass quantities of protien can be hard on the kidneys. I drink 1-2 gallons a day, depending on time of year. But it is all I really ever drink Have a Culligan water cooler at home, sweet.

I've only been at this about 2 1/2 months, and I'll just tell you what my trainer told me, which is much the same thing everyone else has said: real food is always better than supplements.

That said, I use 3 shakes a day, but I'm using gainers. Initially, I was doing 2-3 protein/mr shakes a day. At work, it's tough to eat in the morning and in the afternoon, so the shakes are a Godsend. I use the Optimum PowerMass 1000 gainer, and the Optimum 100% Whey protein for a low carb.

My strength gains have been steadily increasing from the beginning, and the results are getting more visible. There wasn't much to see (for me, anyway) in terms of results after 1 month.

Top Bottom