Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mental effects of Flax seed oil?

Lumberg

Ever since I have been taking flax seed oil I feel like I have been on antidepressants or something. Last night I had some with my tuna before bed and I had this crazy lucid dream. I have lucid dreamt like once or twice before in my life. It actually freaked me out so much that I made myself wake up. I seriously feel much more content and just mentally together. I am interested in this girl and normally I would be a wreck and self conscious but I am so calm that things are going really well. And this is a girl that I would normally consider "out of my league" but I am playing the lead role.

Just wanted to share this, I did some searching and there is evidence that it has these effects but this this so dramatic I can't believe it.

JC

Probably just the fact you're eating healthy that's boosting your moods, or it could be the placebo effect. St John's Wort has been proven in clinical studies to have no antidepressant effects, but some people feel like it does regardless, and so in a strange sort of way it does work. Maybe your serotonin level has boosted; it plays a part in both moods, social interaction, and dreaming.

It sounds cool though. How much do you take before sleep?

It's definitely not placebo because I did not expect anything. I have read that it does boost mood though. I remember when I was on prozac I felt dizzy and off balance all the time. This stuff just makes you happy without making you dizzy.

My flax oil in in the freezer so it is really thick. I just dribble what I think is 1-2 Tbsp on my tuna or whatever I eat before I go to bed. In the a.m. I grind up 3 Tbsp of seeds and blend them into my protein shake with some PB.

I have noticed some increased flatulence which sucks. I don't know if the extra particulate from the shakes causes it or what.

One effect of the oil that I have noticed (I noticed it with the oil before I started the seeds) and that others on this board have also mentioned is that I am super regular. It's like soft serve ice cream every time baby!!!!!

JC

definately not the placebo effect... i've read that it has been proven to help some people with depression

Omega-3s, which are high in flaxseed oil are proven to be a necessary component of the human brain. It is necessary for proper brain development and function, as well as mood. They are being used by Harvard Dr's for the treatment of all mental disorders, including depression, schizophrenia, etc etc., with great success. Check out the Book "The Omega 3 Connection"

Jesus christ, how the fuck do you get high off flax? I take 2tsp about 8 times a day and im cutting.

"how the fuck do you get high off flax?".........you don't unless you have an underlying EFA imbalance or deficiency, in which case you should expect to see improvements in mood and cognition from supplementation. I think we can assume that joncrane must have been deficient or imbalanced before he added the flaxseed oil into his diet and now he is 'normalizing'. Being normal can feel like being high if you've been depressed and out of sorts for a long time. I suspect the vast majority of westerners could benefit from a little 'normalization'.

Yup I agree!

I have only added a tsp and a half to my supper and have noticed that things seem a little easier to deal with...:)

If its an actual fact or not...I don't know but it seems to help.

We

Top Bottom