Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

flax oil -or- olive oil for keto cutting? which is better?

arjuna

Hi,

Flax oil is rich in Polyunsaturated fat while olive oil is rich in Monounsaturated fat, so which is better for cutting? Flax oil or olive oil? I guess it all boils down to the question: which is better on a keto diet, polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fat? Obviously, saturated fat and trans fats should be avoided. Thoughts?

I am on a Keto diet and I use Olive oil to cook almost everything.

I also HATE the taste of Flax.

I have a hard time getting the fat I need in my diet so I just cook with olive oil to get my fats in for the day. I want to know how people can get over 100g of fat in their system a day. Does everyone just use Oils like Flax or Olive oil to add grams of fat?

Last edited:
Peanut butter. Mmmmm! I usually only eat about 70g of fat per day but I could easily get 100. I eat omega-3 eggs for breakfast so I'd simply eat an extra one of those, put an extra tablespoon of olive oil in my tuna and maybe have an extra scoop of peanut butter.

It's anything but hard to do.

Bobarell...remember that intense heat will change the chemical composition of some EFA's. I would either cook food items slower on lower heat. or cook first then apply your olive oil..:)

I started mixing a bit of olive oil with my tuna. It almost makes it taste good! I've tried doing the same with flax, but it still tasted like crap.

I like to use both, but either one is good. I'm pretty sure that the flax has alot more omega-3 fats though, so its probably healthier for you. But olive oil is a good choice still.

Yah, I could add more eggs or PB to my diet to get the fat. I guess the problem I have is keeping my fat high enough and my calories low enough. I REALLY need to have 200+g of protein to feel good in the gym and with 800cals of 1900cals coming from protein it is hard getting fat higher than 100g

Cool.....I never thought about heat changing the EFA's. I don't know why, because I knew that heat changes the composition of pretty much everything. Thanks for reminding me.

No its in capsules so just store it in a cool dry place.

Best source is cold water fish. My fish oil is from Salmon
I have a list somewhere which notes which fish are the best. Salmon is 3rd on the list.

Top Bottom