Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fish Oil insteaed of Flax???

=w=

I recently purchased:

Health from the Sun's 'Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oil'
Cal: 45
Total Fat: 5g
SF: 1.5g
PF: 2g
MF: 1.5g

EPA: 850mg
DHA: 560mg

Since we take flax to get our omega 3's, would this product be better since we want the flax to convert to the DHA/EPA (which it doesnt due all that efficiently to begin with)?

bro how does that stuff taste/smell? i have a hard enough time taking flax. is it bearable? i was considering some myself, but i wasn't sure if it would make me gag too much. peace...

It isnt pleasurable but it is bearable. It has a lemon lime taste to it, however, you still get a faint fishy taste.

in an omega 3 point of wiew Flax seed oil & fish oil are great

fish oil contain EPA and DHA - Flax does not but the a linolenique acid contained in flax are supposed to convert into EPA & DHA

"fish oil contain EPA and DHA - Flax does not but the a linolenique acid contained in flax are supposed to convert into EPA & DHA"

It is my understanding that the conversion with flax oil is not very efficient and much is lost in the process. Also this conversion is inhibited by any consumption of caffeine ( I think you were the one to bring this poinmt up)

My real question (which I know I didnt word right origionaly) is has anyone used it and what is the quality of the product? Is this a reputable company?

Health from the Sun's (as well as Barlean's and UDO's choice) is a good/reputable company (for EFAs)

As for the conversion a-linolenique acids ---> EPA/DHA some studies say is not very efficient
BUT those studies come from fish oil companies :eek:

BTW it is good to take both Flax seed oil & fish oil

Top Bottom