Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking coffee and takin Creatine?

D00fy

NO i aint cutting or anything.but i like to drink coffee atleast once a day to get me up ,so i was wondering drinking coffee bad if i take creatine in the morning and drink a cup of coffee about 2hours later after a workout or so... will the creatine leave my body and i would i have to start all over again?

"Eight to twelve ounces of extra water per 5 grams of creatine should be fine. At least one study has shown that caffeine when taken at the same time as creatine, may interfere with creatine's muscle building benefits. It's not clear how the interaction occurs so it's difficult to say whether drinking more water offsets the interaction. Spacing the caffeine and creatine a minimum of six hours apart should be adequate."
(http://www.musclesurf.com/creatinefaq.html)

thx,i take my 5grams at 6am in the morning and maybe drink a coffee at maybe 1ish,drink atleast a gallon of water

I have been know to have my coffe 1st thing in the morning at like 5am and then about 7:30am have 5 grams of Creatine as a pre breakfast supp.

I think as long as they are not real close together you should be alright.

i have read on several occasions, that caffeine does not interfere with creatine absorption or storage, even that it may be beneficial. i think all the latest research shows that it's ok to drink coffee when taking creatine.

I drink 4-5cups of coffee a day. One the same time as creatine and found it to have no effect on the creatine. All the studies done were with high levels of caffein like in a E.C.A stack.

Top Bottom