Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine questions

DaCypher

I know a lot of people have questions about creatine, so hopefully I'm not repeating anything.

First of all, what are the difference(s) between creatine monohydrate and other forms of creatine such as di-creatine citrate? Are there any major advantages to using these other forms? It seems that the most common/popular is monohydrate but is that just because the other forms are newer? Supposedly di-creatine citrate doesn't require a loading phase, but I've heard that loading with creatine monohydrate isn't completely necessary either.

Also, should I take creatine everyday or only on days I workout? I read some labels for some creatine products and most of them recommend taking it immediately after you workout, so does this mean don't take it on off days at all?

The "newer" forms of creatine are just variations on the same thing. Nothing works better than regular creatine monohydrate.

If you take it for at least eight weeks, you don't need to load it. Two doses of five grams each per day, every day. One dose directly after your workout.

Tests have shown that the loading phase isn't really necessary. I have tried both ways and the only difference between the time that I loaded creatine and the time that I didn't was when I loaded with creatine I had the worst gas ever.

Take a serving immediately after exercise on days that you work out. On your rest days, take it first thing in the morning.

I've heard rumors of increased urination while using creatine. Has this happened to anyone else? This doesn't really seem like a major issue, but I was just curious.

You want to spread out your doses. Put a good six hours or so in between.

Cycling creatine is a matter of taste. I go eight weeks on, four weeks off. Some stay on it permanently. There are good reasons to do either. Try both, see what works best for you.

You piss more because while on creatine, you need to up your water intake a little. Although you tend to retain water on creatine, you still need to drink more as it can be tough on your liver.

Top Bottom