Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Resuming weights after TOT bladder procedure - help?

Zipee

Hi

Total weights newbie here. Only lifting about 7 months I have lost 48lbs in body weight :cool: but have had to stop all exercise to have a TOT bladder repair (the sling). Had it a few days ago & told to do absolutely no exercise or even lift groceries for 6 weeks.

My question is when I do start back - where do you start? At the beginning again? My weights are very novice but say deadlifting 155lbs, flat chest pressing 65lbs and worst squat ever and can barely lift the bar and lifting the bar is actually progression:qt: edited to add; I do 3/4 sets of 12 reps at these weights.

But should I literally go back to day 1 weights & build again or would you expect to pick up from where you left off?

I am in my 40's and weighing 172lbs and want to lose at least another 20lbs. So really want to get back as soon as possible without undoing the repair.

Anyone else had this procedure? Any advice is hugely appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I've never had the procedure but I wouldn't push myself. I'd follow the doctor's orders and just keep my diet in check. You shouldn't have to go back to day 1 but I would definitely start with lower weight and work my way back up. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing and it shouldn't take as long to get back to where you left off. I came back after an injury and went too hard too soon and made it worse. Patience is definitely a virtue in these situations :)

Thanks for reply caligirl85

My surgeon is lovely older man who was quite shocked when I told him I box and have done for years and when I mentioned weights I really think he's thinking cutie ankle weights while doing my Jane Fonda ( no disrespect to Jane Fonda still would struggle with her workout!!)

I might try the physio he sent me to as she was quite clued in weights wise.

Squatting is my main fear after it. I guess I'd love to hear from someone that has had this procedure & could they squat after 6 weeks. It's taken me 7 months to correct my squat & was just getting to where the fun would start with using weights and dying to get back to it.

Sigh!!! I'll have to try and learn patience

Top Bottom