Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training For a Triathlon and Bulking?

ThePVangler

Hey, I am currently working on bulking up and i am doing very well. But I have been challenged that I will not be able to complete a triathlon....so of course I have to prove them wrong. Plus I am way out of cardio shape, and I would like to be able to run a faster mile.
I was wondering what I should be doing. I really need to do a lot of cardio to get in good enough shape to complete the triathlon. I will start swimming when it gets warmer, and i have started biking and running 3 days a week.

But as for running are there any special exercises I should be doing? Like springs or long distance running?

I have no idea what to do for cardio and any help will be greatly appreciated.

its going to be wayyyyyyyyy hard for you to bulk while training for a triatholon. you will be more successful if you put all of your focus and intensity into the triathalon training first..than when your done put all your focus into bulking. you will burn through a shit ton of calories while training at such a high intensity for the tri....calories that would be needed to added mass to your frame while bulking. Let me put this into perspective for you...i know your not anywhere near michael phelps..but he ate something crazy like 14-16000 calories a day....his fucking job was to eat and train...but he burned thru so many calories training...that at those amount of calories each day..that was just for maintenance. you will be doing alot of cardio.....just like he did and does.

oh yeah..not to mention..all that cardio your going to be doing..your body will take burn muscle mass as fuel at a certain point during those long intervals of cardio...muscle mass that during bulking..you work so hard for , lol.

Yeah, that sucks I dont know what to do. I have really started to show results in my bulking and I dont want to lose anything. I have like 3 and a half months to train, and right now I cant even run a 1/4 mile without stopping so I will probably burn all of my muscle off....Anyone else have any thoughts?

The cardio you need to do is running, biking, swimming. What are the distances you have a cover? A sprint triathalon will be like a 1,000 yard swim, 20 mile bike, and 5k run. This can typically be completed in under 2 hours so you need to be able to go at a good pace for that long.

No way can you bulk and train for an endurance event at the same time. If you're serious about the triathalon, train for that then bulk after the event. You should be running twice a week, biking twice a week, and swimming twice a week. If you can't swim at all until warm weather, build up your endurance running and plan on doing the breast stroke for the swim. It's slower than the crawl but you can do it almost forever.

Check online, it should be easy to find a training regimine for whatever triathalon distances you're planning on.

I know this thread has been around for a while. I guess I don't understand why you care whether you can do this, if your goal is bulking. Right now I am training for some endurance races so I am doing tons of cardio, and not much lifting. If some guy in the gym challenged me to bench 300lbs, I would just blow him off, because my goal right now isn't to bench 300lbs. So figure out what means more to you, to shut some guy up or to look big, and go from there. I hope this makes sense. Anyway, what did you end up doing.

You can always add endurance while maintaining strength, at the very least. If you mean to take a bulking cycle, I would recommend you choose AAS that have positive impacts on RBC counts, for one thing. You would also potentially do well to choose ones that have a focus more on strength than on mass. Too much mass in a triathlon won't stop you from finishing neccessarily, but you definitely won't place, thats for sure. Just my .02

I'm actually doing something similar. Me and a friend are training to be triathletes (Iron men one day) but we also do MMA and a lot of strength training. I will pursue all three to my best ability and just see where it takes me. The resulting body, that will be me, and that's the end of it.
AAS is just another tool in that goal.

i know this thread has been around for a while. I guess i don't understand why you care whether you can do this, if your goal is bulking. Right now i am training for some endurance races so i am doing tons of cardio, and not much lifting. If some guy in the gym challenged me to bench 300lbs, i would just blow him off, because my goal right now isn't to bench 300lbs. So figure out what means more to you, to shut some guy up or to look big, and go from there. I hope this makes sense. Anyway, what did you end up doing.

+1

Top Bottom