Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The old boxing v MMA debate

i never compared ali tyson to mma fighters. brush up on your reading comprehension. I said those 4 are the only big names left that people know. did i say the mma names were bigger then them?

I didnt know you didnt live in america. obviously i cant tell you how it is over there. but in america boxing is a dead sport.

and here mma fighters make more then boxers. ON AVERAGE.

I have 3 friends that grew up on the south side of chicago. they all grew up boxing. city wide golden glove champs. one nationally ranked in someway i dont know the details. they will tell you boxing is going nowhere. Idk if you have ever heard of the mcgarry (sp) brothers (irish) but one of them coached Ali at some point i saw the pictures in the gym an at his bar he owns. Even both of them openely say MMA is taking over and they hate it.

think what you want about your side of the pond but over here mma is in and boxing is out.

EDIT: are you saying in your last post that boxing gloves cause more damage then mma gloves?

Show me currency numbers that they are dead, even in america it's not at it's highest peak here, but does well. When a fighter is earning 60 mil for 1 fight, your logic don't make sense. It's one thing to say something and to actually see prove. I'm a follwer of both and the stars are there. You need to open your eyes alittle. If you are gonna discredit something pull up some facts and not be getting mad. I have nothing against MMA but when you attack someone, expect to be attacked back. Nothing is better. They both are wonderful to watch at there best.

then name them and tell me when I can watch them fight. If they were so bad ass they'd be gettin pushed. Maybe it is a marketing thing and there really are some badasses in waiting. But if that's the case it just furthers the argument that the current management structure in boxing is corrupt and they're keepign the top fighters pampered and preened by handpicking opponents.

Some of my favourite fighters to watch at the moment are Mayweather, Pacquiao, Haye, Khan, Froch, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley despite being schooled, Paul Williams and maybe BHop just for his old school skills. As for the up and coming names there are loads but there's no point me coming out with names if you don't even like the sport. This 17 year old kid looks damn good though YouTube - 17 year old Jose Benavedez and Manny Pacquiao sparring.avi.

Yes there is corruption in boxing, some of it is terrible. Yes there is handpicking. But it's not like boxing is basically just one company. I've been on MMA forums where they all claim the greatest is Fedor - however he won't even fight the supposedly big names in UFC. I just don't know how people criticise boxing politics when MMA is basically just one company dominating (and paying sh*t) and anyone outside of that is just internet myth.

btw I'm out for the night!

Come on, have you seen him fight? Anyone who says he is not a warrior in the ring is delusional or very, very biased. When he trains the coaches have to make him stop - that is his mentality.

There is a lot of politics in boxing (it isn't just one company - there is bound to be), but there is SO MUCH money in that fight then it will be sorted at some point I think. A lot of people believe that the delay is some very clever promotional work and if you follow boxing then you'll see it is Bob Arum slowing this fight from happening. He just doesn't like Pacquaio being dictated to before the fight. It's a psychological thing.

that might be right, and I'm not saying that paq isn't an animal in the ring. I sure hope that this is marketing bullshit cause both of them look like fairies for this. WTF was that about Paq not wanting to be tested a couple days before the fight? They said it was cause he's scared of needles? C'mon dude....you have to admit that doesn't look good for the sport.

I'll have to look these dudes up, any of em HW's?

Some of my favourite fighters to watch at the moment are Mayweather, Pacquiao, Haye, Khan, Froch, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley despite being schooled, Paul Williams and maybe BHop just for his old school skills. As for the up and coming names there are loads but there's no point me coming out with names if you don't even like the sport. This 17 year old kid looks damn good though YouTube - 17 year old Jose Benavedez and Manny Pacquiao sparring.avi.

Yes there is corruption in boxing, some of it is terrible. Yes there is handpicking. But it's not like boxing is basically just one company. I've been on MMA forums where they all claim the greatest is Fedor - however he won't even fight the supposedly big names in UFC. I just don't know how people criticise boxing politics when MMA is basically just one company dominating (and paying sh*t) and anyone outside of that is just internet myth.

btw I'm out for the night!

LMAO, you keep talking about the boxers needing protection because of their super awesome punching ability...sadly thats all they have because, well its all they can do and its all they train to do...geeez that's tough. MMA guys TRAIN in boxing as well as many other skills, so how is it that you are giving all the credit to boxers for punching? MMA fighters practice with their hands as much as boxers but they also train every other aspect of their game, so again, being an MMA fighter takes more training, skill, and ability to take pain, and they don't whine about "extra protection" lol You are a joke if you think boxers NEED the protection because of their all powerful godly punching ability, seeing as MMA guys train IN BOXING the exact same way, they just train for more...Fuckin, jokin me...You cant argue with "boxing people" their arguments make no sense and they are living in the 80's apparently.

c'mon you named one dude. One fucking dude. ANd I'll spot you him anyday. However, pac is annoying the shit out of me right now cause he's playin games with mayweather just as much as mayweather is clowning around. Is he really a warrior then? If he was he'd just say let's do it, I will knock your ass through the ropes and piss on you while you're snoring in the lap of one of the judges. And these two guys are the top of the boxing game, the very fucking top.

LOL! I want your veiw on the whole barnnet and fedor situation as well? Everyone knows he wanted no part of him. Is barnnet, one of the best hw's there is, not a warrior or ever was?

Show me currency numbers that they are dead, even in america it's not at it's highest peak here, but does well. When a fighter is earning 60 mil for 1 fight, your logic don't make sense. It's one thing to say something and to actually see prove. I'm a follwer of both and the stars are there. You need to open your eyes alittle. If you are gonna discredit something pull up some facts and not be getting mad. I have nothing against MMA but when you attack someone, expect to be attacked back. Nothing is better. They both are wonderful to watch at there best.

LMAO, his logic makes no sense. You are comparing THE TOP TOP TOP fighters and saying "oh wow look at the money." I bet you if they put old ass Tyson back in the ring against Sylvester Stalone they would pull that much money too? And? These 2 fighters are the ONLY ones that would get that pay day and ONLY when fighting each other. People watch them for their celebrity as much as the fight, if not more. When Boxing commentators have been on ESPN all week saying how bad the sport has gotten, stating its no longer exciting, there are no real draws, and ratings are terrible...come on...

i never compared ali tyson to mma fighters. brush up on your reading comprehension. I said those 4 are the only big names left that people know. did i say the mma names were bigger then them?

I didnt know you didnt live in america. obviously i cant tell you how it is over there. but in america boxing is a dead sport.

and here mma fighters make more then boxers. ON AVERAGE.

I have 3 friends that grew up on the south side of chicago. they all grew up boxing. city wide golden glove champs. one nationally ranked in someway i dont know the details. they will tell you boxing is going nowhere. Idk if you have ever heard of the mcgarry (sp) brothers (irish) but one of them coached Ali at some point i saw the pictures in the gym an at his bar he owns. Even both of them openely say MMA is taking over and they hate it.

think what you want about your side of the pond but over here mma is in and boxing is out.

EDIT: are you saying in your last post that boxing gloves cause more damage then mma gloves?

That's thier opionion. Not everyone feels the way they do and they don't opening speak for everyone. Mcgarry hasn't really done anything in boxing in years. For the fact he isn't on top in the choosen sport he was brought up in should show you that. I've trained at some of the best boxing gyms in America and Mexico with well known boxing trainers. Boxing is still strong with them and the passion is still very much alive.

LOL! I want your veiw on the whole barnnet and fedor situation as well? Everyone knows he wanted no part of him. Is barnnet, one of the best hw's there is, not a warrior or ever was?

I'm not aware of the situation between the two. Last I heard Barnett wasn't fighting anymore and was going back to pro wrestling. I can't imagine why Fedor would duck him, if that's what you're implying. Fedor has mauled people that beat Barnett badly. I was never too impressed with Barnetts' tools anyway.

really? you'd rather watch a 140 pound phillipino dude fight than a snarling, drooling animal who punched the soul out of people? Sorry, I respect Paq...he's a beast for his size. But to say his fights are even near as entertaining as Tysons is just ridiculous and you're now trying to scramble for reasons why boxing is still relevant. People in my gym stopped their workouts and watched the tv screen when ESPN was showing tysons greatest. That would not happen if Paq was up there.

the punches increase the chance of a knockout by increasing the chance of connecting with "the button". But you know full well that you can knock someone out with a little jab if you hit the spot just right. Actual damage though is greatly decreased with the bigger gloves. Fights would probably not go 12 rounds with the smaller gloves, and that would be fine with me. If somebody hasn't been rocked after 5-6 rounds I'm startin to lose interest. And taht goes for MMA as well.

Boxers are so well condioned and have the best chins in the world, they don't go down as easy as everyone else. They are freaks when it comes to taking some of the most devasting fist impacts in the world. Not everyone is mayweather with his speed and reflexes, you will be hit. That's boxing. The game is to hit and not be hit, but punishment will be dished back regardless, with the kind of boxing skills these warriors have.

Top Bottom