Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sigh....

UFC22

Last time I squatted was June 18th. I stopped due to a pain in my right knee. I really increased my squat poundage quickly and started squatting very often (3x a week). So I think this is the reason for the knee issue. If it doesn't improve in the next 2-4 weeks I will go get an MRI. I can't even do pendlay rows do to the stress on my knee.

My routine is as follows...

Monday
SLDL - 5x5
Flat Press - 5x5
Supported Row - 4x7
Pull ups - 4x#
Calf raises - 75 rep set
Core

Thursday
SLDL - 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
Flat Press - 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
Supported row - 4x7
Pull ups - 4x#
Calf raises - 75 rep set
Core

i have the same problem...front right knee, right beneath the patella...
I can still squat and do everything, but i know something aint right and I know is
my flexibility......I've been working on stretching, but slow progress there

hows your flexibility? also when u squat make sure push with heel of your feet, not your toes. if you find yourself pushin with your toes then u stressing your knees

i started putting squats at the very end of the workout. i added leg presses, because i think they're a more complete leg exercise, when done properly. my #'s are lower, but i can now squat w/o pain. personally, i think my muscle developement around the knee wasn't up to par.....

i always found leg press fucked up my knees more than squats... i try to stay away from them... what about box squats - how do you feel doing those (if you've done them)?

Also, how are you doing the squats? If you're using a close to medium stance, you need to be going ATF....ATF is ATF, it isn't paralell or a little below paralell, it is all the way down. If you're not doing that, your knees are gonna hurt. Despite any bullcrap myth being spewed out there, it is okay for the knees to pass the toes if you go all the way down as it transfers the stress from the knees to the hips.

If you are going ATF, but your back is rounding forward at all, it will stress the knees terribly as well.

Squatting multiple times a week may or may not cause a tendonitis flare up and some overuse issues, but nothing serious, and it just isn't normal to be in the kind of pain you describe if you're doing them correctly.

Personally, I would stop training legs for 2 weeks to see if this subsides, if not obviously go to the Dr (a good sports doc or orthopedist who works with athletes, NOT some tool who will tell you lifting in general especially squatting is ''dangerous'').....if the knee stops hurting on it's own, then do a serious form check on the olympic squat and go from there.

silver_shadow said:
i always found leg press fucked up my knees more than squats [***EDIT: should rephrase that - leg press fucked my knees NOT squats***]... i try to stay away from them... what about box squats - how do you feel doing those (if you've done them)?

edit

Top Bottom