Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T3....

KrisBee

I'm new on this thing so I'm not sure if I'm in the right place...
I have been working out for months now, changed my diet and I still have not lost any weight. I do cardio atleast 6 days a week for an hour and lift 5 days a week alternating with lower and upper body. I have read some good things about T3 and wanted to know opinions on wether or not it's a good idea to take and the dosage for women.

Hi Kris,

Welcome to Elite to help you out we are going to need more info.

What is your current stats? Height? Weight? Body Fat %?

What exactly are you doing for diet? Plug you daily intake into www.fitday.com and let us know what your macro break down is.

List out your diet in detail example:
8 am
6 egg whites
1/3 c oatmeal

10 am
1 cup skim milk
1 scope whey

etc

Have you been to a Dr and had your thyroid tested to see if there is a problem?

I'm 5'3 and I weigh 140.. 15% bf...
My height and weight ratio sounds pretty off but I don't actually look like i weight that amount..I'm not looking to drop alot of weight just loose some unwanted fat in the stomach area... and cardio is NOT working.. I have checked with my doctor on that and he said mine is perfectly fine..

Penelope.May said:
you should probably starve yourself, 5'3 and 140... WOW!
try upping your cardiop to 3 hours EVERYDAY

Ummm... thanks..
anyways I have a HORRIBLE of diet.. i have no time and with 18 hours of class and a full time job its hard to squeeze it in since I am never home... I cut out all the fast food and cokes and that hasnt helped any...

For breakfast I have jamba juice... its basically strawberries, lemon juice, white grape juice and peaches..

Lunch I have a subway club sandwich and water and

Dinner I have grilled chicken with either green beans or mac and chesse.. usually something quick

KrisBee said:
Ummm... thanks..
anyways I have a HORRIBLE of diet.. i have no time and with 18 hours of class and a full time job its hard to squeeze it in since I am never home... I cut out all the fast food and cokes and that hasnt helped any...

For breakfast I have jamba juice... its basically strawberries, lemon juice, white grape juice and peaches..

Lunch I have a subway club sandwich and water and

Dinner I have grilled chicken with either green beans or mac and chesse.. usually something quick
That is your problem right there. You have to make time hun, diet is 90% of the battle here.
I work , go to school and train, I know it's hard... but if you want it bad enough you will make time.

You are eating enough, the right foods, as often as you should...

*Bunny* said:
That is your problem right there. You have to make time hun, diet is 90% of the battle here.
I work , go to school and train, I know it's hard... but if you want it bad enough you will make time.

You are eating enough, the right foods, as often as you should...

Any suggestions on things I should change? Should i be eating moer times a day with a smaller portion or is it the types of food that i am eating that is bad?

IMO I wouldnt mess with your thyroid when all you have to do is adjust your diet... messing up your thyroid by taking unnecessary meds is just stupid to me. That is SUCH an important gland not to be phucked with unless it needs to be.

Have to checked out the stickies at the top of this page? A little girl power, insight, tough love, motivation, just a little time to read, wich you HAVE if youre searching the net and found ef lol :)

Sample diets to take a look at ...
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5772429&postcount=5
this is how you should structure your eating

I wold take 10 min to read this post in it's entirety
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388278

QUICK EXCERPT
The simplest thing to remember is that you have to EAT TO LOSE BODYFAT! Your body is a nearly perfect biochemical machine that WANTS to run efficiently. Its like fueling a Ferrari w/ high grade gasoline -- filling the tank when its empty, replacing the oil, etc, running it like it loves to be run at high speeds takign sharp corners and looking all sexy, running down all of its fuel and various maintenance items. Then replacing those items with exactly what it needs, cleanest sources available and in just the right amounts for optimized operation. BUT if you have all of that and then throw some mud in the gas tank, expect this amazing machine to run like crap. Thus you get the "plateau" you don't feel as energetic or vibrant any more, your results start to crap out and then you start to feel frustrated with all of your time in the gym because nothing seems to be working.

Its easy to fix - clean the mud out of your gas tank. Get the good quality gas. Change your oil. Basic stuff to get you started:

- Keep your processed food intake to a minimum - this includes Cheerios, ice cream, Ritz crackers, and yes, even wheat bread. Avoid "white" carbs -- i.e. white bread. Replace with good starchy carbs -- potatos, yams, brown rice (though I don't eat much of this), oatmeal (not the quick-oats but the old-fashioned oats, and not the flavored stuff that comes in packets either). Peanut butter - use Natural PB -e.g. Smuckers. The regular stuff has lots of sugars & stuff in it.

- Eat protein at every meal. Chicken, fish, steak, turkey, eggs

- Drink your weight in ounces of water (e.g. i weigh 150 lb, i drink 150 oz water) -- keeps you hydrated and your system flushed, helps to carry out the waste/ by-products of your body's daily processing functions

- Fats - make sure you get some fats -- almonds, natural PB, fish, Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) pills, flax seed oil are all options

- Eat 5-6 smaller meals - seperated by 2-3 hrs -- this is because your body can process proteins / fats & carbs from one meal wihin that time -- same as filling the tank on the Ferrrari, running it at top speed across I-75 from Miami to Ft Myers (across the FL peninsula east to west) to burn up all the fuel, and sitting for your next meal in another 2-3 hrs.

- Save your junk food for a single cheat (or call it a "reward" ) meal or day after staying clean for a week. Its good to throw some junk in your system so it is able to process it occassionally -- i.e. if u eat 100% clean all the time, eventually your body has a hard time processing junk like too much salt, dairy, too many carbs, etc. and it just isn't fun. So every 5-7 days throw in some junk. Not a lot of junk, but some junk. IT also helps you keep from going nuts on a tight diet and also gives you room to plan your socializing.

*Bunny* said:
IMO I wouldnt mess with your thyroid when all you have to do is adjust your diet... messing up your thyroid by taking unnecessary meds is just stupid to me. That is SUCH an important gland not to be phucked with unless it needs to be.

Have to checked out the stickies at the top of this page? A little girl power, insight, tough love, motivation, just a little time to read, wich you HAVE if youre searching the net and found ef lol :)

Sample diets to take a look at ...
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5772429&postcount=5
this is how you should structure your eating

I wold take 10 min to read this post in it's entirety
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388278

QUICK EXCERPT
The simplest thing to remember is that you have to EAT TO LOSE BODYFAT! Your body is a nearly perfect biochemical machine that WANTS to run efficiently. Its like fueling a Ferrari w/ high grade gasoline -- filling the tank when its empty, replacing the oil, etc, running it like it loves to be run at high speeds takign sharp corners and looking all sexy, running down all of its fuel and various maintenance items. Then replacing those items with exactly what it needs, cleanest sources available and in just the right amounts for optimized operation. BUT if you have all of that and then throw some mud in the gas tank, expect this amazing machine to run like crap. Thus you get the "plateau" you don't feel as energetic or vibrant any more, your results start to crap out and then you start to feel frustrated with all of your time in the gym because nothing seems to be working.

Its easy to fix - clean the mud out of your gas tank. Get the good quality gas. Change your oil. Basic stuff to get you started:

- Keep your processed food intake to a minimum - this includes Cheerios, ice cream, Ritz crackers, and yes, even wheat bread. Avoid "white" carbs -- i.e. white bread. Replace with good starchy carbs -- potatos, yams, brown rice (though I don't eat much of this), oatmeal (not the quick-oats but the old-fashioned oats, and not the flavored stuff that comes in packets either). Peanut butter - use Natural PB -e.g. Smuckers. The regular stuff has lots of sugars & stuff in it.

- Eat protein at every meal. Chicken, fish, steak, turkey, eggs

- Drink your weight in ounces of water (e.g. i weigh 150 lb, i drink 150 oz water) -- keeps you hydrated and your system flushed, helps to carry out the waste/ by-products of your body's daily processing functions

- Fats - make sure you get some fats -- almonds, natural PB, fish, Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) pills, flax seed oil are all options

- Eat 5-6 smaller meals - seperated by 2-3 hrs -- this is because your body can process proteins / fats & carbs from one meal wihin that time -- same as filling the tank on the Ferrrari, running it at top speed across I-75 from Miami to Ft Myers (across the FL peninsula east to west) to burn up all the fuel, and sitting for your next meal in another 2-3 hrs.

- Save your junk food for a single cheat (or call it a "reward" ) meal or day after staying clean for a week. Its good to throw some junk in your system so it is able to process it occassionally -- i.e. if u eat 100% clean all the time, eventually your body has a hard time processing junk like too much salt, dairy, too many carbs, etc. and it just isn't fun. So every 5-7 days throw in some junk. Not a lot of junk, but some junk. IT also helps you keep from going nuts on a tight diet and also gives you room to plan your socializing.

Thanks for all of your info... i figured i would have to change my diet more just didnt know what to choose from!

Top Bottom