Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about bfl

I am having the same questions with the BFL. This is my second time doing it, I noticed some results while doing it....I toned up alot and got stronger, I followed the diet nearly to a T, I just found it difficult sometimes to eat a snack again at night even though I know your body needs it. The other problem I didn't follow was that I did cardio more than three times a week. I have this silly mindset that if I am gonna workout then I need to do cardio too.(it's weird) So, I am gonna try it again, just because I am still learning alot about lifting and nutrition and this gives me a proper starting place. I am still confused as to how much cardio to do. I want to drop some pant sizes and the BFL recommends doing the "20-min. aerobic solution" as they like to call it. I have also heard alot of people on here talking about HIIT and everything like that. So I am just confused as to how much cardio I should do. Do I need to do the recommended three times a week? Can I throw a couple HIIT sessions in there or what?
Also, on the diet....what protein shakes are you eating?
Any input would be very appreciated???
BUMP

Your cardio sessions are HIIT...at least that is my understanding of it. They just put a fancy name on it and modified it a bit.

I am not doing BFL but I am familiar with the program--I like to do the stepmill (like a stair climber but the steps actually drop off at the bottom and cylce around). Here's what it looks like:

Level 4 for 5 minutes (warm up)
Level 5 for 1 min.
Level 6 for 1 min.
Level 7 for 1 min.
Level 8 for 1 min.
**then start the cycle again, starting from level 5, for a total of 5 times = 25 minutes including the warm up.

That is a great workout!

As far as your cardio goes--if you're going to do it at the same visit to the gym...then make sure you're doing it after you lift.

Protein shakes...right now I have Pure Protein (100 calories/20 g protein/2 g carbs) and I just got some EAS Advant Edge (110 calories/15 g protein/2 g carbs) as well as some Scipro whey protein powder (100 calories/20 g protein/2 g carbs). I also like the myoplex shakes. You don't need to get the EAS stuff...it was just on sale and I really like the taste. If it is chalky, I won't drink it...period!

Take a peek at the training & diet boards...they have a wealth of information there!

Min, yep BFL works, in fact any diet/ fitness program works if its followed correctly :)

Ive been doing BFL since jan last year, I came first in my group in South Africa, and had a break for about 6 months, now Ive started another challenge - I want to win the main prize hehehe.

ANyways I love BFL becuase after youve done the challenge (assuming youve done it properly) you learn so much about propper nutrition, supplementation and of course trainign techniques that work. I was also sceptical at first, but I was trainig so damn hard and staying the same, BFL has taught me soo much about the 'right' way to do things - I know understand so much more and fitness techie talk makes sence to me.

As soon as this challenge is up, im planning on furthering my results with what BFL has taught me :)

Go get em'

Top Bottom