Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about bfl

min1e

just wanted to know if body for life really works. ive been wanting to give it a try, but im not sure

Hi min1e

BFL is great for many people. It depends a lot on where you're starting from, where you're going, and where you've been. So maybe if you tell us all about yourself and your current diet and fitness experience and goals, we could tell whether BFL is right for you at the moment.

well im 5'1 weigh around 128-130 not sure and i am at 28 bf i weight train 5 times a week which i know i shouldnt be and do cardio 5 time a week. i guess you can say i have a clean diet ive been trying to follow hansels diet the one he posted up not so long ago. anyway my goal is to get lean and grow muscle. ive also read on the bfl website that i would have to weight train 3 time a week and cardio 3 times a week is that really enough.

Hi,

IMHO BFL is a good place to start. After about 4 rounds I started having diminished returns so to speak. It seems like you kind of out grow BFL and need to change things up to keep progressing. But again its a great place to start:D

I really don't think you need it.

At 5'1 and 130 pounds, it's not like you're drastically overweight.

I think if you follow the advice that i and others here have given you, you will do fine.

But you have to do the work, you have to set your diet and stick to it, etc. I think people are attracted to BFL because it is a system. People love systems......takes the thinking out of the equation.

Just keep reading and learning and you will be the master of your own domain very soon.

And keep doing those squats, lunges etc with 'heavy' weight as i told you.

The diet boards here are great for diet advice. Have a look at them.

i just finished going through the bfl workouts and i dont know it seems like a good challenge. the thing that i like the most about this is that you only have 12 wks meaning that i would have to set some kind of goals to get through this ....and i myself want to see if i can do it, but do you all think that it will help me loose more weight and get lean if i follow everything it says.

min1e said:
but do you all think that it will help me loose more weight and get lean if i follow everything it says.

Umm yes. Practically any sound weight loss plan you commit to and follow for 12 weeks will help you lose weight and get leaner...

It's not successful because it's some miracle idea (eating healthy and exercising), it's successful because people are actually giving it 12 weeks, not hoping for an overnight change.

Whether BFL or any other plan "works" depends on the work you put into it. No matter what plan you follow, success depends on the interplay of these 3 tasks: 1) challenging your body; 2) nourishing your body; and 3) resting your body.

All tasks are equally important. Overdo or shortchange on any one of these, and whatever plan you're on won't work. With #1 - Challenge your body, the key is to push yourself. There's a reason it's called a workout ;) But you must be careful not to push too hard. Aim for small steps of continual progress, not 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

The goals of 2 and 3, diet and rest, should be to assist with #1. Think of yourself as an athlete. What you're doing when you're not training should be geared toward getting even better results the next time you do train. Eating well and resting well will enable you to train even harder and progress faster.

Last edited:
i decided to give a try and today was my first day. i did my leg workout today and some abs (something i never do) i did push myself a little harder then before. usually i get to the gym talk a little start my work out and then talk a little bit more so i guess you can say im usually there a little longer then im suppose to be, but today was different i went in did my work out little rest between sets and finished in 45 min....was i proud of myself. i guess knowing that i have a goal to accomplish makes me look forward to my next workout and it also pushes me a little bit more:).......by the way the books says not to do abs everyday just once or twice a week, but i plan to do abs 6 times a week would this be okay or should i just follow the book

You won't know if the program worked for you unless you follow it. If it calls for only a once/twice a week of ab work: then follow it.

Top Bottom