Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Periods question...

cezza30

Heya everyone

Slightly icky question but still... just wondering if anyone can help me!!

I'm on the pill and never have any 'spotting' in between periods but yesterday I noticed there was a little bit of blood down there - nothing major and not really like if I was having a period, it was kinda diluted (sorry to be graphic here!). It stopped pretty much as soon as it started, and hasn't come back today so I'm not super panicking or anything.

I did some deadlifts for the first time ever on Saturday night at the gym, could any changes in exercise routine or doing heavy weights cause this to happen? Do you think it's something I should worry about or should I just mention it on my next trip to the docs?

Sorry for all the questions!! Thank you to anyone who can help.

C x

Well, cezza, if you ever figure it out, let me know! If I get my HR & body temp up during a HIIT workout, or hit legs really hard, I'll trigger full blown cramps and bleeding, just like a period. Sucks to be doubled up in the dressing room (who has meds when it's not THAT TIME . . ) So, yes, for me anyway, heavy lifting or cardio definitely causes 'those kinds' of issues. :worried:

Could be the lifting, but... eh... Just watch & see what happens the next time you do something similar or for similar things next month.

Had any other stress or anything in your life over the last month?

I changed my pill several times to try and stop spotting - now have the injection as all of them had the same result. (having to throw away undies every month was costing me a fortune).

It's never happened before, and I don't think I'm any more stressed than is normal for me! Who knows though, maybe I was just having a weird day or something. Or it could have been the workout . . . I'll see how it is next time, when I'm not so sore anyway!! My boyfriend says I'm a wimp because I didn't lift that much haha :) never mind though, it was only my first time doing deadlifts.

Thanks for all your comments x i'll keep an eye on things and see how it goes.

:heart: to you all

Mine was really messed up the last 2 months and it just straightened it's self out...So hang in there

Spotting is normal since you are on BC.

Sometimes when you lift, you tense up and this can cause muscle contractions hence a little spotting.

If you had sex that could also trigger spotting :)

I would check with your doctor on the next visit. Don't make a special appointment for it, but next time you are there let the doctor know. If you do the deadlifts again and it happens again, then make appointment to see your doctor right away. Could be lots of things.

Top Bottom