Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Moving In Together...

nokaoibeachgirl

Hi Ladies. I am pretty new to elite fitness but have been looking around on the message boards quite a bit. Anyway I had a question and was hoping some of you might be able to offer some opinions. Actually not so much a question, but I was just wondering about any opinions that you ladies had on moving in with your boyfriends. How many of you have done this? Has it been a good experience? And do you have any words of warning?

I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year and we have always spent a lot of time together. I love him very much and most of all I am so happy sharing my time with him. It is so great having someone to share training and dieting with, and someone who I can have so much fun with while doing absolutely nothing. I'd like to move in with him for many reasons. Number one being that I'd like to sleep with him every night, number two being that it is chaotic going back and forth all of the time between my place and his (I live at home still, and feel like I have no home since I am running back and forth all of the time), and number three because I think we are ready to take that step. He is not quite as ready as me but mentioned it last night and will be ready quite soon I presume. (I have been careful not to push him on the issue)

Any advice or opinions on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks a lot girls.

I am a very firm believer that you should live together before you get married. You find out alot about eachother that way...and if you find out something that you just can't live with than you find out right away and not after you marry. ;)

You still live with your parents and he doesn't, correct? Why isn't he ready? What reason did he give you? .....and how old is he? ...and you for that matter.

I think it's good to live with your boyfriend, Milf is right you do learn a lot about each other and how you interact when you see each other 24/7.

However - it has to be the guy's idea - he has to be practically begging you or moving yourself over himself or after your first fight he'll be telling you that he never wanted you there and you forced your way in.

Men can be weird like that.

I definitely believe in living together before marriage but like Velvett said, I think it only works right when the guy really really wants you there. If you think he may not be ready for this step, you're probably right. Go with your gut instincts.

I live with my father (Moved back home to save money after being away for a few years), and he lives with a roommate with whom I do not get along. Anyway I am 21 and he will be 30 in February. He has lived with 2 previous girlfriends and says that he wants to take things slow with me because I'm special and he doesn't want to wreck anything. For some men this might be an excuse but for him I know it isn't. I appreciate the feedback though. You're right I should wait until he is the one begging. And that is what I will do. Also though I have a theory, I sleep over at his place pretty often. So pretty much he is reaping the benefits of living together (sex, someone to sleep and wake up with) without actually taking the plunge. I mean really what's the motivation for him to move in with me? So I have an idea, sleep over at his house less. Some may say this is manipulation, but I disagree, it's setting boundaries. I hate going back and forth from my place to his and I feel like a hobo and all of my belongings are disorganized as a result. So you see I can set a boundary and only sleep over say once a week. This will make my life less stressful and will make him think about just how much he wants me around and what he's willing to do to achieve that. What do you guys think of this plan?

I think you're young and probably very sweet and easily lead.

I also think he likes having sex with other people when he gets the urge and that is why he tells you what he does - taking it slow, blah, blah, blah.

I'm not trying to hurt you but if he wanted to live with you there would not be this much thought involved it would just happen.

Thanks for the insight Velvett, however I must refute. I know for a fact that he does not sleep with other people. We have absolute trust in our relationship. He is the most moral person that I have ever met in my life. It's too bad that so many men are dishonest because it tends to cause people to assume that all men are like that, and mine is not. I trust him 100%, I don't care if he has female friends, goes to the bar, or goes on trips with buddies, I know that he will never stray. I know this because he loves me and is with me for a reason. If there was another girl out there who was better for him, she would be his girlfriend and not me.

I see everyone's points however. Basically yes Velvett there shouldn't be so much thought put into it. I keep hoping he'll want to and hoping is doing nothing. I was thinking about it after I wrote my previous post, and I decided not to think about it anymore lol. I am just going to enjoy our relationship as it is, because it is nearly perfect. Why mess with a good thing right? But I am still going to stay over at his place less, simply because it sucks going back and forth, and it makes me cranky.

He doesn't want to live with me and for the time being that's just fine with me:) Thanks for all the opinions guys.

nokaoibeachgirl said:
Thanks for the insight Velvett, however I must refute. I know for a fact that he does not sleep with other people. We have absolute trust in our relationship. He is the most moral person that I have ever met in my life. It's too bad that so many men are dishonest because it tends to cause people to assume that all men are like that, and mine is not.

Hey I thought that way once and he turned out to be married in a neighboring state, owned houses and business - even two sets of driver's licenses. LOL and I stayed in his home, traveled with him - spent most of each with him.

Frankly you're too young for a 31 year old (IMHO), unless he's really immature and really not in a place in his life that a typical 31 would be and he probably knows that and his distance has to do with whether or not he is ready to take such a step with you. Even nice guys and girls hurt other people - you don't have to be a jerk to do something hurtful to another person.

Good Luck but also realize no one thinks it will happen to them until it does.

That said - I do think that you should trust what you are feeling and take it how it goes and do what makes you feel best, either way it's rite of passage for you to experience and no one should say otherwise.

I would also argue the age difference -- I see a huge difference in maturity levels between 20 & 30 (Even 29 & 30...), however, that is not the topic. If he already has a couple of experiences living w/ SO's, he might be at that point where he actually wants to be married before he moves in? He's not in the same point in his life as you are and you have further motivation to move out of your own situation, but he may not be ready yet.

Top Bottom